PDA

View Full Version : Where to Start?

scoot
04-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm not a professional detailer. I have a motorcycle that is a mixture of black plastic body parts and a metal tank. Since it's black all the parts have small scratches and swirl marks. Hopefully there is a way to repair them, or at least make them a lot less noticeable. Where do I start? What products and steps should I use to repair them? I'm particularly partial to Meguiars products, but I'm open for anything at this point.

Surfer
04-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Talk to Sparkie, and search on here, couple guys do motorcycles and should be able to help you on how to polish them etc.

orngez
04-06-2007, 09:05 PM
depending on the scratches start with a light polish like xmt1 or ssr1...hand application is the most realistic option on a motorcycle...the polishes will work on both metal and plastic painted parts...

ScottB
04-07-2007, 01:44 AM
I banged up a black motorscooter down in the Keys a couple years back. I didnt want to pay a high deductible for damage, so I stopped at the only autoparts store I could find. With one towel and some Megs ColorX I made the entire plastic shell look better than new. Likely hid alot of scratches also, but it worked. If you are looking for a great line of plastic polishes specifically search Novus polishes and look for #2 and #3.

As for the metal tank, and of your car polishes should work well. Then cover with wax or sealant of your choice.