PDA

View Full Version : Business name??

Pages : [1] 2

After Hours
07-22-2012, 08:57 AM
I have been thinking of some original business names for my mobile detail business. It's hard to come up with a good one that not so many other people are already using. I have"After Hours Mobile Detailing" now, meaning The customer doesn't have to spend their "after hours" waiting or dropping their vehicle off at a local detail shop. But their can be some confusion there. Some might think I only do it in the evening or on weekends ( which I will be doing at first until I go full time, hopefully by spring). But my other name is "Resurrection Mobile Auto Detail". Slogan: Bring your vehicle back to life". That is self explanatory.

So it's "After Hours Mobile Auto Detail" Or " Resurrection Mobile Auto Detail". Any feedback would be much appreciated. I need to get my business cards ordered & some flyers made up & need to get this figured out first. Thanks

DEXTERITY
07-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I think after hours is confusing when it comes to the meaning. However, I like it better as a name because it flows better.

Have you thought of any other names? Maybe something not so wordy, which might he hard to achieve if you want the purpose of your business in the name. You don't necessarily need mobile in the name. You could simply use auto detailing if you were looking to eliminate a word from the company name. I think both company names sound better without mobile in them. You would have to change detail to detailing though - i think.

Any other words you can use in place of mobile auto detailing that will mean the same thing or at least imply the same thing?

I definitely wouldn't rush the name. I would live with whatever you choose for a week. Print some mock letter head, cards at home to see if it still looks good to you after a few days.

After Hours
07-22-2012, 11:20 AM
I think after hours is confusing when it comes to the meaning. However, I like it better as a name because it flows better.

Have you thought of any other names? Maybe something not so wordy, which might he hard to achieve if you want the purpose of your business in the name. You don't necessarily need mobile in the name. You could simply use auto detailing if you were looking to eliminate a word from the company name. I think both company names sound better without mobile in them. You would have to change detail to detailing though - i think.

Any other words you can use in place of mobile auto detailing that will mean the same thing or at least imply the same thing?

I definitely wouldn't rush the name. I would live with whatever you choose for a week. Print some mock letter head, cards at home to see if it still looks good to you after a few days.

I like the flow of After Hours better myself too, but not sure how people would take the meaning. I wanted mobile & auto both in the name so if people googled either of them, then I would pop up. I guess I could set it up on google that way, without that being my actual business name couldn't I? There's lots of names I like but there's normally tons already in that name. I guess I could use any of them if their not in my area.

After Hours
07-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I like the flow of After Hours better myself too, but not sure how people would take the meaning. I wanted mobile & auto both in the name so if people googled either of them, then I would pop up. I guess I could set it up on google that way, without that being my actual business name couldn't I? There's lots of names I like but there's normally tons already in that name. I guess I could use any of them if their not in my area.

Perhaps I could come up with a slogan relating the meaning of after hours so people would get it.

tuscarora dave
07-22-2012, 11:31 AM
One thing I regret is using the word "mobile" when getting my fictitious name (DBA) "Tuscarora Dave's Mobile Auto Detailing" I'm trying to phase out the mobile service now that I have a roof to work under. I'd rather it just be "Tuscarora Dave's Auto Detailing". Just a thought.

I like the "Resurrection Auto Detailing" but would ad the word "We" as in, "We bring your car back to life" as a slogan to be somehow incorporated into your logo. I think it's catchy.

tuscarora dave
07-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Maybe it's just that my mind gravitates to the gutter more often than others, but "After Hours Detailing" sounds Dirty to me. Like you're gonna show up at midnight, jump out of your van and start washing some lady's car in a man thong or something like that. :laughing:

DEXTERITY
07-22-2012, 11:38 AM
For google purposes, the best thing would be to have your keywords in your domain name, so I get you on that front.. it may be slightly confusing to have the domain name be completely different from your business name that is displayed on the site. Unless, the real business name is a slight variation of the domain name.

It is easier for a customer to remember your domain name if it is the same as your business. So it can be confusing if the two are different.

The resurrection idea and slogan are more straight to the point.. hmm. I hate business name decisions.. maybe some others will chime in here.

You could search for car detailing company names via google and see if anything inspires you. I don't mean use someone else's name, but maybe it will help spark other names..

You will find more pride thinking of your own name. A thesaurus may help find some play on word ideas.

you could simply roll with After hours and not worry about the meaning. If you work after hours on cars then you are technically covered if someone interprets the name to mean that.. Actually, after hours could mean a few different things. I'm not sure if it matters in the grand scheme of things, but it may.

You could have a slogan or not have a slogan. The slogan can simply be related to what you do and not necessarily a play on the words "after hours."

edit.. Resurrection auto detailing definitely flows better than mobile auto grouped with it. I do like the "We bring your car back to life" idea.

After Hours
07-22-2012, 11:49 AM
One thing I regret is using the word "mobile" when getting my fictitious name (DBA) "Tuscarora Dave's Mobile Auto Detailing" I'm trying to phase out the mobile service now that I have a roof to work under. I'd rather it just be "Tuscarora Dave's Auto Detailing". Just a thought.

I like the "Resurrection Auto Detailing" but would ad the word "We" as in, "We bring your car back to life" as a slogan to be somehow incorporated into your logo. I think it's catchy.

I agree with adding the "we" in the slogan as well. I thought of that after I posted. Thanks for the input.

After Hours
07-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Maybe it's just that my mind gravitates to the gutter more often than others, but "After Hours Detailing" sounds Dirty to me. Like you're gonna show up at midnight, jump out of your van and start washing some lady's car in a man thong or something like that. :laughing:

Haha....too funny! If your thinking that way, then some others might think the same! Lol

After Hours
07-22-2012, 11:56 AM
For google purposes, the best thing would be to have your keywords in your domain name, so I get you on that front.. it may be slightly confusing to have the domain name be completely different from your business name that is displayed on the site. Unless, the real business name is a slight variation of the domain name.

It is easier for a customer to remember your domain name if it is the same as your business. So it can be confusing if the two are different.

The resurrection idea and slogan are more straight to the point.. hmm. I hate business name decisions.. maybe some others will chime in here.

You could search for car detailing company names via google and see if anything inspires you. I don't mean use someone else's name, but maybe it will help spark other names..

You will find more pride thinking of your own name. A thesaurus may help find some play on word ideas.

you could simply roll with After hours and not worry about the meaning. If you work after hours on cars then you are technically covered if someone interprets the name to mean that.. Actually, after hours could mean a few different things. I'm not sure if it matters in the grand scheme of things, but it may.

You could have a slogan or not have a slogan. The slogan can simply be related to what you do and not necessarily a play on the words "after hours."

edit.. Resurrection auto detailing definitely flows better than mobile auto grouped with it. I do like the "We bring your car back to life" idea.

I hate coming up with business names as well. Whatever I decide, I will probably just put the mobile in my Domain name rather than in my business name. Just too many words for a business name.

DEXTERITY
07-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Yes, thanks to Dave for tainting the after hours name lol. It's hard to like it now lol

After Hours
07-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes, thanks to Dave for tainting the after hours name lol. It's hard to like it now lol

Haha....I think I just marked "after hours" out! (Man thong)......hAha

DEXTERITY
07-22-2012, 12:21 PM
lmao.. I hear you..

Flash Gordon
07-22-2012, 12:48 PM
I like Whiplash Willie's Detailing Service

www.whiplashwillie.com (http://www.whiplashwillie.com)

Tinwhiskers
07-22-2012, 07:48 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing. After hours brings to mind cheesy blue and pink neon lights. However you might be able to make a lot of money the hard way!

Resurrection detailing sounds like a funeral home to me. thinking of names is very challenging and I would spend a lot of time on it. Although a good name MIGHT gain you some business, a bad name WILL lose you some. Good luck!