PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Benz SLK320 AMG?????

Pages : [1] 2

UltimateDetail
07-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi there, I was wondering if anybody has some advice or knows anything about the 2000-2004 MB SLK320 AMG? The reason I ask is, I am thinking about buying one of these babies soon. Any Mercedes owners on here too? What's your experience with mercedes?

I attached some pics of the one I am thinking about buying.
Also anybody know of any reviews on this car? Thanks! :xyxthumbs:

UltimateDetail
07-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I could have sworn there were some benz owners:bump:

rider9195
07-21-2012, 06:28 PM
I would look at some forums for the Mercedes. Such as SLK World or something like that.

Sommy
07-21-2012, 08:11 PM
I've got a C class and have been happy but I've only got 900 miles on it.

From friends I know that have owned them for years say it's truly a great vehicle. The phrase a lot of people say with MB is that they have thought of everything. Basically meaning it's great quality and functionality. Now the drawback ( really with any German car) is that repairs and maintenance are expense. For example an oil change occurs at 10k miles and it's about $350.

rwisejr
07-21-2012, 08:21 PM
I have a 98 CLK 320 . I have owned it for 6 years . I have been very happy with it. As stated parts aren't cheap . But I do the oil changes and normal maintenance myself.

oldgeek
07-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Go check out the forum on Mercedes-Benz Forum (http://www.benzworld.org)

That is where all the meaningful benz discussion occurs. They even have separate groups for each model.

I've got a new 2012 C300. Love it so far (500 miles). We'll see if it lives up to its reputation.

hondacare
07-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I wish owned a Mercedes Benz. Maybe one day.....

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using AG Online

UltimateDetail
07-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Go check out the forum on Mercedes-Benz Forum (http://www.benzworld.org)

That is where all the meaningful benz discussion occurs. They even have separate groups for each model.

I've got a new 2012 C300. Love it so far (500 miles). We'll see if it lives up to its reputation.

Thanks! I like how they separate the groups by model, it makes it easier to get info and chat.

UltimateDetail
07-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I wish owned a Mercedes Benz. Maybe one day.....

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using AG Online

HAHA Dude they are expensive, I have bought american cars all my life and just now started looking into MB. And I went to the dealer, talked to a guy, and we started talking numbers... $80K for this same car! And this older one is faster than the new one!

UltimateDetail
07-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I have a 98 CLK 320 . I have owned it for 6 years . I have been very happy with it. As stated parts aren't cheap . But I do the oil changes and normal maintenance myself.

Yeah I would do the same.. But it's good to hear you like it! I love how these cars never go out of style.

UltimateDetail
07-21-2012, 09:13 PM
I've got a C class and have been happy but I've only got 900 miles on it.

From friends I know that have owned them for years say it's truly a great vehicle. The phrase a lot of people say with MB is that they have thought of everything. Basically meaning it's great quality and functionality. Now the drawback ( really with any German car) is that repairs and maintenance are expense. For example an oil change occurs at 10k miles and it's about $350.

You know, my father has been trying to get me into german cars because he knows they are of the highest quality. And I can't disagree! The paint on these cars are immaculate, no orange peel and hard.. Also, a couple reasons I want this car is because of the functionality and the performance for the money. This car does 0-60 in 5 seconds and has great cornering ability.

UltimateDetail
07-21-2012, 09:14 PM
I would look at some forums for the Mercedes. Such as SLK World or something like that.

Yeah, i'm going to try the one oldgeek recommended.

rwisejr
07-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah I would do the same.. But it's good to hear you like it! I love how these cars never go out of style.

Yes they have those timeless designs.

Sent from my Motorola Photon

UltimateDetail
07-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Yes they have those timeless designs.

Sent from my Motorola Photon

Right!? I think they got designing cars down! I think the best thing is the classy look these cars have, and that never goes out of style.

Tinwhiskers
07-21-2012, 10:48 PM
I actually owned a black 2003 slk 320. I didn't have any mechanical problems but I did have other "issues". The car is sexy and sporty looking but it is anything but. I special ordered mine with a 6 speed thinking I was getting a sports car.....wrong. Trucks would beat me off the one and it was embarrassing being in this hot looking car that drove like a Buick.

I remember when I picked the car up I was so happy until I brought it home and saw what the dealer did to it. "Bubba" must have washed my new car with a scotch bright pad and a bucket of rocks filled with mud. There were a billion swirls everywhere. I gave them hell and they fixed it but it kind of soured me on the car.

I got rid of it after one year mainly because I get a lot of snow where I live and the car is not meant for that kind of weather. Lately I've been a huge fan of Audi's but my father has owned MB's for the past 15 years and loves them. He hasn't had any problems I'm aware of.

IMO Mercedes blends luxury with style very well but lacks in driving abilty behind BMW and Audi.