PDA

View Full Version : bumper buffing options 91 corvette

Ridebyshootings
07-20-2012, 07:31 PM
http://www.ridebyshootings.com/Motorcycles/bikes-cars-2012/i-NQjMJn2/0/L/1023981-L.jpg

Hello all, just got my first corvette and its a 91 convertible. The back bumper area is a bit dull and not as shiney as the rest of the car so im going to shine it up a bit. Anything different to buffing this? Im going to be using pinnacle liquid souvern, but have the full xmt line of products as well. Thinking of using a white polish pad or orange? What are your thoughts? Thanks. Drew

Robert8194
07-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Congrats on your new vette. Beautiful car. Can't offer much help with the bumper but to say this is a case where least aggressive method is advisable. Corvette paint is historically hard but I am always a little cautious with the bumper.

Toy_Cam_Ed
07-20-2012, 08:29 PM
I would try a white or black pad and fine polish.

Ridebyshootings
07-20-2012, 09:04 PM
thank you both for the kind comments and input. Will try both black and white pad on my porter cable tomorrow.

rider9195
07-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Has it been repainted? The color doesn't look to match the rest of the body.

DaveT435
07-20-2012, 09:42 PM
While we're on this subject...I have a neighbor with a Toyota Tacoma...damn the one that looks like a 4WD but isn't. Can't remember what it's called right now. Anyway the truck is red. The bumper cover and fender trim are really faded compared to the rest of the truck. It actually looks like a different color...or different paint. I can't really tell by the picture...does the paint on yours almost look like a different paint?? Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Ridebyshootings
07-21-2012, 07:56 PM
got some pinnacle paintwork clnsing lotion and did it by hand and it looked pretty good. Went for a ride and picked up a nail in my tire. Well now ive got time to buff it with my porter cable while the tire is getting fixed!

Ridebyshootings
07-21-2012, 07:57 PM

looks like orignal paint.