PDA

View Full Version : Have MTM Hydro Lance, need Pressure Washer

newb001
07-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi. I currently have this foam lance that was given to me as a present: MTM Hydro (http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Foam-Lance-Adjustable-Bottle/dp/B004GNZYY4/ref=sr_1_2?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1342816154&sr=1-2&keywords=14.0263)

I also have this which I had purchased a while back at HD: Home Depot - Pressure Washer Wand with Adaptors Set customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings (http://reviews.homedepot.com/1999/100665502/pressure-washer-wand-with-adaptors-set-reviews/reviews.htm) (not currently available at HD so here's more info: POWER CARE Pressure Washer Wand with Adaptors Set (http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-CARE-Pressure-Washer-Wand-with-Adaptors-Set-2-BONUS-NOZZLES-FREE-SHIP/251020411656#ht_591wt_1163))

I now need to purchase a reasonably priced pressure washer (electric, not gas) that is compatible with the MTM either with or w/o using the adapter kit mentioned above.

I know that there was a recent thread on how to get the MTM to work with a particular pressure washer, but if I'm starting from scratch w/o a power washer, is there one I could buy that is easily usable with the MTM lance 'right out of the box', w/o having to buy further adapters, attachments, etc...

Thanks so much!

p.s. I apologize if I wasn't supposed to link to other vendors, particularly eBay.

swanicyouth
07-20-2012, 04:07 PM
How much do you plan on spending?

newb001
07-20-2012, 04:20 PM
How much do you plan on spending?

As little as possible :)

Would prefer to keep it under $250 if possible. Certainly not going to spend $500+. If it's in between I'll have to think about it...

swanicyouth
07-20-2012, 04:50 PM
As little as possible :)

Would prefer to keep it under $250 if possible. Certainly not going to spend $500+. If it's in between I'll have to think about it...

Well, here is what I did. I figured a wouldn't be needing 2,200 PSI to wash a car. So, I went with a Karcher electric that is available at Walmart for $129.00. The pressure is spot on for car washing, and it works great with the MTM. It also comes with Karcher's no hassle year warranty, where if it breaks, you mail Karcher the cord and tag and they mail you a new one.

Now, in this price range a year warranty seems to be standard. So, I went with Karcher because they have a decent reputation and the warranty process seemed good. Also, Karcher claims they invented the pressure washer.

So if it craps out in a year and a day, I'll feel better replacing it for $129.00, then if I paid $500.00. Now you can get a big box hardware store's house brand pressure washer, but it's that same thing that was being talked about here with the polishers being made in China. The Karcher probably is made in China also, but it's probably made in a Karcher factory, with Karcher QC people, and Karcher's focus is on pressure washers. Who is making house brands? Who know's? Probably the lowest bidder that can meet specs. But, the decision is yours...just giving you my logic

Now, if you get a Karcher, you'll need an adapter which you already have. You will also need a small (1" or so) piece of 1/4" NPT pipe to connect the adapter to the MTM. This is available at any hardware store in the plumbing section for $2.00.

So far my Karcher has worked perfectly. I also recommend getting an extension hose. This is about $30.00, as I find the standard length hose that comes with these machines is a bit to short. Without an extension hose I end up having to move the machine around a little. With it, there is plenty of hose. Good luck whatever you choose.

newb001
07-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks. Is this what I would need: Lead Free Pipe Fitting, Face Bushing, NPT Male X NPT Female: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific (http://www.amazon.com/Lead-Free-Fitting-Bushing-Female/dp/B004XEKT2I/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1342833798&sr=1-2-fkmr0&keywords=1%2F4%22+National+Pipe+Taper) ?

newb001
07-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Also, does it matter which Karcher (do I need to make sure it has a particular fitting or whatnot)?

Thanks again!