PDA

View Full Version : Admitting you have a problem!

Pages : [1] 2

chris.ganucheau
07-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Alright I just wanted to say I have a problem! I placed an order last week an recieved it Wednesday. I was looking at some other stuff last night an ended up placing another small order ($70 they add up!). I admit I have a problem an I love dealing with it. People tell me I have the cleanest car in my neighboorhood! I love hearing stuff like that, just makes everything worth it! Just wanted to stop by an let you all know.

P.S. - If you want to admit too you can!

:buffing::buffing::buffing::buffing:

rider9195
07-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't have a addiction problem. It's just my hobby! Even though it can be expensive, I know I'm spending money on more reasonable items than people my age.

UltimateDetail
07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
It was two years ago when I bought my first order.. And that order was $2000 dollars worth of detailing supplies. Right here on Autogeek.net. And I have to say, that was the beginning of a new love.. I guess you could say I am prone to fixing things when I see a problem.. And that problem was when I was at the Adirondack Nationals in Lake George, NY.. Everywhere I went, there were swirls. Then I ask my father "Why don't they fix that?", and he says "Oh, you can't fix those, they just happen." Well, then I had to find a solution to fix these show cars' paint. And then I researched paint and bodywork.. And eventually, I found Autogeek.net. And BOOM! I was hooked and confident I could fix those pesky swirls!:dblthumb2:

swanicyouth
07-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Me too. I have LSPs I haven't tried yet, but still I buy more. I have shampoo I haven't opened yet, and yesterday I orders another gallon. I have detail sprays / spray waxes I've used once, and I also ordered V7 yesterday just to try.

The way I look at it is that the stuff is relatively cheap, unless it's some boutique waxes that cost hundreds or thousands

chris.ganucheau
07-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't have a addiction problem. It's just my hobby! Even though it can be expensive, I know I'm spending money on more reasonable items than people my age.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, I love detailing an trying to keep my car as clean as possible!

It was two years ago when I bought my first order.. And that order was $2000 dollars worth of detailing supplies. Right here on Autogeek.net. And I have to say, that was the beginning of a new love.. I guess you could say I am prone to fixing things when I see a problem.. And that problem was when I was at the Adirondack Nationals in Lake George, NY.. Everywhere I went, there were swirls. Then I ask my father "Why don't they fix that?", and he says "Oh, you can't fix those, they just happen." Well, then I had to find a solution to fix these show cars' paint. And then I researched paint and bodywork.. And eventually, I found Autogeek.net. And BOOM! I was hooked and confident I could fix those pesky swirls!:dblthumb2:

I had always thought swirls were just a part of life! Then I found Autogeek also! I love this website!!! I hope I can get at least half as good as all of you on this website!!!!

Me too. I have LSPs I haven't tried yet, but still I buy more. I have shampoo I haven't opened yet, and yesterday I orders another gallon. I have detail sprays / spray waxes I've used once, and I also ordered V7 yesterday just to try.

The way I look at it is that the stuff is relatively cheap, unless it's some boutique waxes that cost hundreds or thousands

All I have to say is Hybrid V7 is my favorite spray detailer I have ever tried!! I just ordered some Dodo Juice Tropical Red Mist to try an also some Dry time detailer from Dodo Juice also.

rider9195
07-20-2012, 03:09 PM
I didn't mean it in a bad way, I love detailing an trying to keep my car as clean as possible!

I know, I was just saying how I see it. :)

Bigbull2984
07-20-2012, 03:23 PM
I tell my wife it's cheaper than a therapist and better than me being in a bar. But I did spend a little excessive in the last 3 month almost 2k...

UltimateDetail
07-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I tell my wife it's cheaper than a therapist and better than me being in a bar. But I did spend a little excessive in the last 3 month almost 2k...

HAHAHA That's what I say.. But when I spend the money, all the guilt goes away when I get all the new stuff in the mail. :xyxthumbs:

c5errr
07-20-2012, 03:47 PM
well every one have an addiction
and my addiction is cleaning and polishing
and my friend as well
since he introduced my to autogeek was about a few months ago and reading and reading and reading about polishing waxing hand or machine i have learned alot from him and this site
before that i really didnt know the difference between polishing and waxing all i knew is wipe off dust wax on wax off thats it once a week
but now i went through a whole new level
and since then i ordered alot from autogeek pcxp ccs pads griots glaze towels brushes water less rinseless and the list continues

one of my work mates tells me : hey u buy stuff from america (i live in mideast bahrain) and all those expensive stuff i polish my car using local products and u cant stand a chance near my car , oh really !!
i was like : u go ahead polish your car 5 times and i will only wash my car with megs wash n wax and lets see who has the shiniest car!

with all that some people never learn
but i have learned from autogeek and trying to teach people as much as i can how to maintain swirl free car even if its a (DD)
an next week i will be doing my brothers grey dodge charger

thank you autogeek!

swanicyouth
07-20-2012, 04:03 PM
All I have to say is Hybrid V7 is my favorite spray detailer I have ever tried!! I just ordered some Dodo Juice Tropical Red Mist to try an also some Dry time detailer from Dodo Juice also.

if you like that kind of stuff give Primo Hydro a try.

Tinwhiskers
07-20-2012, 04:39 PM
You think you have a problem.? I quit smoking to detail more. My wife's pregnant and I insist on calling the kid Wolfgang. I might have to open a detiling business just so I can use all the darn products I bought. I still don't know what half my waxes and sealants look like!

In all seriousness, I too am a fanatic and like the compliments I get from people. It's good to hav a hobby. At least that's what I tell my wife.

Bigbull2984
07-20-2012, 05:39 PM
You think you have a problem.? I quit smoking to detail more. My wife's pregnant and I insist on calling the kid Wolfgang. I might have to open a detiling business just so I can use all the darn products I bought. I still don't know what half my waxes and sealants look like!

In all seriousness, I too am a fanatic and like the compliments I get from people. It's good to hav a hobby. At least that's what I tell my wife.

My first born will be named Midnight Sun:buffing:

UltimateDetail
07-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I was going to name my dog "stain" because he can be a nuisance.. But then I though about what would happen when I'd have to call him.. "COME STAIN!" :laughing:

chris.ganucheau
07-20-2012, 06:08 PM
if you like that kind of stuff give Primo Hydro a try.

On my next purchase I will have to get some.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Thats awesome! I still haven't used some stuff I have. My collection is slowly growing!

I love this hobby, I am a fanatic also!!!

Toy_Cam_Ed
07-20-2012, 07:54 PM
I would probably be addicted if my "day job" paid more and I could detail my car as a hobby. But now that I am trying to go professional, I'm thinking of detailing in different terms. I only want to buy what I need, to keep costs down.

I really don't even want to work on my car as much as I used to. I want to work on other people's cars to make money. Some of the "fun" goes out of it when you do it for a living, but if I can make more money, so be it.

My car is swirl free for the most part, so just keeping it rinsed off and clean is my main concern now. (doesn't take much work)