PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Madness

Largebore
07-19-2012, 06:55 AM
Enough said I am sure about the insanity of following the moves of Menzerna in understanding the naming changes and uses for each polish..

I have 8 bottles of Menz products that I bought over the years because it seemed as if one was a better version than the one that i alread owned.

Now if we add to the mix, I have a Jet Black 2006 325i that was put into service in late 2005. Some say that means that I have the hard paint rather than the softer paint that came out in fall 2006. But that is hard to believe as the paint is so soft now.

Anyway, a little help please..

Here is my list:

a]Compounds
Powergloss Compound

b] Polishing
Super Intensive Polish
Intensive Polish

c] Finshing
Final Polish
Nano PO106 [ labeled micro ]
Micro Polish [ no PO # ]

d] Jeweling
Micro Polish PO85RD [ no longer called Micro ]

e]Finishing Glaze 115C

Ok,

1. Do the classifications that A - E that I have made make sense ?

2. Given my cars paint, whatever that may be what do you suggest for the following scenariios.

a. 3 step plus [ the plus is PO85RD that is the jeweling step ]

Compound: [ as needed after winter or neglect ]
Which polishing ?
Which finishing ?
+PO85RD

b. 2 step plus [ full polish once or twice a year, possible spot compound ]
Which polishing ?
Which finishing ?

c. 1 step plus ( general spruce up for day to day to swirls and rids }
Is there one product ? plus PO85RD

whew thanks

magna_power
07-19-2012, 07:06 AM
I assume you've seen this table Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)

Also, here were my results with menzerna products, I found 2 steps worked, i went from PG1000 to SF4500, then sealant (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/51944-first-time-da-great-results.html)

Not a specific answer to your question (as I'm still very new), but hopefully some help.

Bobby G is the menzerna expert ;)

Largebore
07-19-2012, 08:31 AM
I assume you've seen this table Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)

Also, here were my results with menzerna products, I found 2 steps worked, i went from PG1000 to SF4500, then sealant (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/51944-first-time-da-great-results.html)

Not a specific answer to your question (as I'm still very new), but hopefully some help.

Bobby G is the menzerna expert ;)

Be very interested to get his perspective on it... I may be just overcomplicating my life.

Mike Phillips
07-19-2012, 09:04 AM
1. Do the classifications that A - E that I have made make sense ?

Yes.

2. Given my cars paint, whatever that may be what do you suggest for the following scenarios.

a. 3 step plus [ the plus is PO85RD that is the jeweling step ]

Compound: [ as needed after winter or neglect ]
Which polishing ? Use your SIP
Which finishing ? Use your Nano Polish
+PO85RD

b. 2 step plus [ full polish once or twice a year, possible spot compound ]
Which polishing ? Use your Nano or SIP, test the least aggressive product, see if it works
Which finishing ? Should be able to go to PO85RD

c. 1 step plus ( general spruce up for day to day to swirls and rids }
Is there one product ? plus PO85RD

whew thanks

Simply test the
Nano or 106FA and see if it will work to remove the defects to your satisfaction, if not substitute a more aggressive product.

Good questions...

:)

Mike Phillips
07-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Be very interested to get his perspective on it... I may be just overcomplicating my life.

Just a good rule of thumb is to test the least aggressive product to get the job done.

The 106FA works great for removing shallow defects on softer paints. If that's not working, then try the SIP. SIP is a great all purpose medium cut polish that finishes down really well. Most people would look at the results from SIP and go to wax.

Largebore
07-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Just a good rule of thumb is to test the least aggressive product to get the job done.

The 106FA works great for removing shallow defects on softer paints. If that's not working, then try the SIP. SIP is a great all purpose medium cut polish that finishes down really well. Most people would look at the results from SIP and go to wax.

Very helpful, thank you for your time..