PDA

View Full Version : How do "you" use Opti-Bond tire gel??????

Pages : [1] 2

chris.ganucheau
07-18-2012, 11:42 PM
I just recieved my 32oz bottle of Opti-bond tire gel an was wondering what the best way to use it was. Do I need to dilute it? Spray Bottle? Applicator? I know there is a air operated spray gun but thats out of my price rang at the moment. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!

chris.ganucheau
07-19-2012, 12:46 AM
:bump::bump::bump::bump:

pyles1735
07-19-2012, 12:59 AM
Just posted the same thing. Someone told me dilute it 1:1 in a spray bottle then use a applicator pad.

Sent from my Desire HD using AG Online

Chris Thomas
07-19-2012, 09:53 AM
We recommend the spray gun diluted 1:1. If you dilute it to use by hand you may need to do two coats. By hand just put it in a squeeze bottle and use a foam applicator.

swanicyouth
07-19-2012, 09:59 AM
It works fine diluted by hand but durability isn't the best. Use it strait out of the bottle on an applicator.

Mike Phillips
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
We recommend the spray gun diluted 1:1. If you dilute it to use by hand you may need to do two coats. By hand just put it in a squeeze bottle and use a foam applicator.

I set the spray gun up with a 1:1 dilution and took some pics spraying it but the pics didn't turn out good due to me trying to take pictures and spray the gun but I'll try again.

I did spray my tires and the gun did work great but of course you do need an air compressor to power the gun.

What was cool was how the tire gel atomized really well in the spray and then created a very uniform appearance on my tires.

I think this would work well for wheel wells too...

:xyxthumbs:

alko
07-19-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't dilute and use this to apply:

Tire & Trim Dressing Applicators, tire swipe, tire sponge (http://www.autogeek.net/tire-trim-applicators.html)

I'll put 4 pea sized drops, to prime the pad, per each tire. I move the car and then apply two more pea sized drops per tire. Works perfect for me. I'd like to try the spray gun method one day, but for now it works. The applicators I linked are the best applicators I've used to date. If the opti-bond doesn't look "shiny" enough for you, just wait awhile. It will settle and give the tires a not to shiny-atleast from my method it doesn't.

poweraid
07-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Just posted the same thing. Someone told me dilute it 1:1 in a spray bottle then use a applicator pad.

Sent from my Desire HD using AG Online

this was just how I use it .I have 4x4 tires with aggressive sidewalk biters and I need to spray it on. 1:1 helps with the spray bottle and gets into all the crevices . I still need to wipe tire though . plus I'm not looking for a shiny appearance 1:1 gives me what I'm looking for

bsirbu
07-19-2012, 11:00 AM
What would you recommend using to clean the spray gun after use?

chris.ganucheau
07-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks for all the replies!!!! really looking forward to using it.

SRTSean
07-19-2012, 11:39 AM
I dilute it 1:1 and fill a fine mist sprayer with it (don't have the air gun). Just spray a mist around the tire to the point where it's coated, but no drips form, and then let it sit for an hour. A quick wipe off of any excess and they look perfect.

yakky
07-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Use it like any tire gel.

215Detailing
07-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Use it like any tire gel.
Not to thread Jack, But have you or others used this optimum tire shine ( Optimum Tire Shine is a glossy, protective tire dressing for all exterior rubber trim, tires & moldings. Get the optimum shine on your car's tires! (http://www.autogeek.net/opt500.html) ) and your opinion on the product

lee1dew
07-19-2012, 12:42 PM
I used to use it undiluted by squeezing it out of a squeeze bottle on to a wood staining pad, but found it a little too thick to spread easily and evenly. Now I dilute it 1:1 and spray it out of a trigger sprayer on to the same wood staining pad, much easier to use this way.

cleanmycorolla
07-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Anyone use this on interior surgaces??? dashboards for example?