PDA

View Full Version : Ink on carpet

faisal
07-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Can we remove ink stain on carpet?
Sent from my GT-I9100 using AG Online

mhphoto
07-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Being that my biggest hobby is calligraphy, I've had to remove my share of ink from, well, everything. Depending on if it's water-based (rollerball) or oil-based (ballpoint), and how bulletproof the dyes are, it'll either be fairly easy or impossible. Try un-diluted IPA first, and if that doesn't help try acetone. Others can chime in on actual car-centered products, but those two usually handle any of the ink I spill on my wife's beautiful carpet…

tuscarora dave
07-23-2012, 06:29 AM
How much ink is on the carpet? Did a bottle of ink spill on the carpet? Is it just a small spot from the tip of an ink pen? Did a printed label from some package sit on wet carpet and transfer to the carpet? Can you possibly upload a photo of the ink spot? There are many instances where ink can be removed from carpet but the more info you can give us, the more accurate feedback you'll get in return.

Craig
07-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Hand cleaner, like Gojo.

Attn2Detailz
07-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Get some Folex from Lowe's. Spray on agitate with finger and blot with paper towel. Repeat and repeat.. :)

tuscarora dave
07-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Hair spray works really well for small spots of ink on interiors if you use it really light and quickly as rubbing with it will cause dye to be removed from some interior pieces. Carpet dye is much more durable than leather and dyed plastic though.