PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Compound II vs M105?

ski2
07-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Has anyone used both Optimum Compound II and M105? How do they compare in cutting ability??

Mike Phillips
07-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Has anyone used both Optimum Compound II and M105? How do they compare in cutting ability??

M105 cuts faster.

Optimum Compound II and Hyper-Compound are both wetter products and have longer buffing cycles and easier wipe-off with little to no dusting issues but M105 does cut faster.

:)

ski2
07-18-2012, 09:30 AM
M105 cuts faster.

Optimum Compound II and Hyper-Compound are both wetter products and have longer buffing cycles and easier wipe-off with little to no dusting issues but M105 does cut faster.

Thanks Mike!! Is the faster cut significant?? Twice as fast, three times as fast ???

timaishu
07-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Mike, I have gone by your suggestion in the book for doing 5-6 sections passes. Since you say that OCII has a longer work time, should I do more passes?

In my experience with OCII and M105, M105 definitely cut more than OCII with the same number of passes.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-18-2012, 11:28 AM
M105 cuts faster and finishes better.

Mike Phillips
07-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks Mike!! Is the faster cut significant?? Twice as fast, three times as fast ???

I don't know if it's drastic as cutting twice as fast, it just cuts faster.

Mike, I have gone by your suggestion in the book for doing 5-6 sections passes. Since you say that OCII has a longer work time, should I do more passes?

Sure, if your test spot shows you need a certain amount of passes to remove the defects to your satisfaction and you're not buffing to a dry buff then continue making passes.

Wet Buffing Technique (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/36237-wet-buffing-technique.html)

Wet film behind your path-of-travel
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1110/Wetfilmbehindyourpath-of-travel.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

Perfections
07-18-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39356

ski2
07-18-2012, 10:58 PM
New Formula OPT products vs... - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39356)

Thanks for the link!! Great review and comparison--really answers the question in no uncertain terms!!!!

Mike Phillips
07-19-2012, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the link!! Great review and comparison--really answers the question in no uncertain terms!!!!

I agree, thanks for posting the link John, first I'd seen your review. Nicely done and worth the read for everyone interested in Optimum compounds and polishes.

Perfections
07-19-2012, 07:50 AM

No problem brother, it's kinda old now and honestly thinking back I wish I would've named the title something else so the search function would help people find the info if needed.

Perfections
07-19-2012, 07:54 AM
I agree, thanks for posting the link John, first I'd seen your review. Nicely done and worth the read for everyone interested in Optimum compounds and polishes.

Thanks Mike! And if you'd like to change the title to something else so it's easier to find the info please feel free, I trust your judgement either way :)

Mike Phillips
07-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks Mike! And if you'd like to change the title to something else so it's easier to find the info please feel free, I trust your judgement either way :)

How about this.

Optimum Compounds & Polishes vs Meguiars & Menzerna

Perfections
07-19-2012, 08:41 AM
How about this.

Optimum Compounds & Polishes vs Meguiars & Menzerna

Perfect, thanks for doing that!

ski2
07-20-2012, 06:28 AM
No problem brother, it's kinda old now and honestly thinking back I wish I would've named the title something else so the search function would help people find the info if needed.

When using Optimum Compound II do you use the Kevin Brown Method or just do a normal 3 or 4 dots to prime then a couple more each additional section??