PDA

View Full Version : Wax or sealent after compound?

Mydnyghte
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
MUCH to my dismay, I am not going to have the time to fully finish detailing my car before the show. Just about to finish up with Blackfire SRC Compound, and am debating on my next course of action. Not sure whether I should throw a coat of wax on top, or seal it. As it stands, I don't think I am going to have the time to go over the car with finishing polish, however, the paint looks GREAT! BF SRCC doesn't leave a haze like I was expecting; the paint looks deep and clearIm the MAN It pains me massively that I won't be able to wrap it all up like I was hoping, I can't imagine how it would look:(

cleanmycorolla
07-17-2012, 12:58 PM
try the blackfire sealant, you have any handy??? keep it in the family

Mydnyghte
07-17-2012, 01:14 PM
I've got the whole line! Which is mostly why it aggravates me, I was REALLY wanting to see how the whole lineup looked on my Mustang. This is the first I have used Blackfire, and the time I had allotted for show prep got sucked away from me. The paint looks beautiful just being compounded, I can't begin to imagine how it would look after polish, seal, and wax. _____ it...

Mydnyghte
07-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Other views, thoughts, input etc.... are welcome.

I think I would have time for either
1. Sealant and a coat of wax
2. Two coats of wax

Right now thinking sealant and wax as I believe that would give more POP than two coats of wax. Maybe. I need more Red Bull.:buffing:

Buckskincolt
07-17-2012, 09:40 PM
If you have BF polish and seal you can do both at once. It has a fine polish and a sealant so you can get that last finish at the same time you seal .....

Mydnyghte
07-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I stand corrected, I have MOST of the line, did not get my hands on that one :D

Buckskincolt
07-17-2012, 10:41 PM
I stand corrected, I have MOST of the line, did not get my hands on that one :D
Do you have any AIO? Optimum Poli seal? XMT 360 ?

Mydnyghte
07-17-2012, 10:54 PM
I've got some Poli Seal, but was looking to TRY and stick with the Blackfire stuff, only because I am curious how it will turn out since I've not used their products before.

Toy_Cam_Ed
07-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Poorboys's Polish and Sealant? All it takes is one pass to look good. Then I did OCW on top, and after being rained on for 10 days in a row, it still looks good. I can't believe the power of these two. I don't even need to use quick detailer. Everything just doesn't stick to the car.

Mydnyghte
07-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Decided to go the Sealant then wax route, I figured that would probably be the quickest. And WOW, did not realize how quick I could lay down some sealant with my PC. At this rate, I should be able to give it a coat of Midnight Sun in the morning, then another tomorrow evening:xyxthumbs:

I will be interested to see the results, still bummed I didn't have the time to polish

Toy_Cam_Ed
07-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Decided to go the Sealant then wax route, I figured that would probably be the quickest. And WOW, did not realize how quick I could lay down some sealant with my PC. At this rate, I should be able to give it a coat of Midnight Sun in the morning, then another tomorrow evening:xyxthumbs:

I will be interested to see the results, still bummed I didn't have the time to polish
you sound ocd, and should have no problems

Mydnyghte
07-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Affirmative. Almost to the point I would prefer CDO so the letters would be in the right order.....

hondacare
07-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Funny

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using AG Online