PDA

View Full Version : How do I care for microfiber towels and prevent shrinkage in the wash?

Pages : [1] 2 3

UltimateDetail
07-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Just recently I realized a lot of my cobra 600 MF towels have shrunken fibers when comparing them to the new ones i just bought. They still do the job, but after using the new ones I realized how much more effort I was exerting with the shrunken ones.. Anyway, my question is, "How do you properly wash and take care of MF towels?" Also, what do you recommend using as a detergent? As I went to go buy one in my last AG order and after reading through some reviews on the forum, I read nothing but negative reviews on all supplied detergents on Autogeek. Currently I use Tide without fabric softener and dermatologist tested detergent( the one in the white bottle). Thanks!:dblthumb2:

Eandras
07-17-2012, 12:33 PM
I put mine in really hot water to get the containiments out. I let it soak for awhile and the. Put themin the washing machine with a good liquid detergent. Following that in the dryer. I have minimal shrinkage with my MF. Once out of the dryer. I will take a clean pad conditioning brush and run it over the towels on each side to make sure there is nothing solid in them. Just did this with my towels on Sunday.

wgilles
07-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I've been using DP MF cleaner. I do a pre soak and wash them in the hot/cold water cycle. An extra rinse doesn't hurt either. I throw them in the dyer on low heat.

All my towels still look and perform like new.

dougaross
07-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I won't expect a synthetic towel to shrink. Maybe if overheated

UltimateDetail
07-17-2012, 06:12 PM
I won't expect a synthetic towel to shrink. Maybe if overheated

Could be, my dryer is messed up. You have to put it on high heat to get anything completely dry.

UltimateDetail
07-17-2012, 06:14 PM
I've been using DP MF cleaner. I do a pre soak and wash them in the hot/cold water cycle. An extra rinse doesn't hurt either. I throw them in the dyer on low heat.

All my towels still look and perform like new.

I'll have to try that and see how it turns out, i'm just worried because I don't want to ruin these new MF's. But that just might work vs. my current process. Thanks:dblthumb2:

VISITOR
07-17-2012, 06:16 PM
after you wash them, hang them to dry (hold them by two corners and snap them out before so) instead of putting them instead of the dryer...

UltimateDetail
07-17-2012, 07:02 PM
I put mine in really hot water to get the containiments out. I let it soak for awhile and the. Put themin the washing machine with a good liquid detergent. Following that in the dryer. I have minimal shrinkage with my MF. Once out of the dryer. I will take a clean pad conditioning brush and run it over the towels on each side to make sure there is nothing solid in them. Just did this with my towels on Sunday.

That's a good idea with the conditioning brush. Thanks for the info:xyxthumbs:

UltimateDetail
07-17-2012, 07:03 PM
after you wash them, hang them to dry (hold them by two corners and snap them out before so) instead of putting them instead of the dryer...

I thought it was bad news to hang dry them??:confused:

Agfan
07-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Microwave on high for 10 min. Good as new.

Wheelzntoys
07-17-2012, 07:18 PM
I read somewhere about dryer balls, works good.

I have two of them in my dryer.

cleanmycorolla
07-17-2012, 07:32 PM
I read somewhere about dryer balls, works good.

I have two of them in my dryer.

Someone here at AG suggested those to me for microfibers, I tried one and they're great!

Old Tiger
07-17-2012, 07:38 PM
I have shrinkage every time I get into cold water!

Rsurfer
07-17-2012, 07:41 PM
That's not true.
I have shrinkage every time I get into cold water!

Toy_Cam_Ed
07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Shrinkage? I was in the pool!