PDA

View Full Version : The tactile component

oldgeek
07-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Being new at this and trying a variety of different waxes, I find that I've been drawn to notice the differences in the feel of the final finish. Everyone talks about the gloss or dripping wet shine of a particular wax but nobody seems to mention the feel. From what I've tried so far, it seems to me that most of the waxes with a lot of polymers have a rather thin, hard, "plastic" feel, whereas, those that have more natural ingredients give a final feeling of a thicker, softer, "waxier" feel which I seem to prefer...

Does anybody know what I'm saying or am I just nuts.

oldgeek
07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
:bump2:

hoyt66
07-17-2012, 06:45 PM
I'll bite. I go totally for look. I don't really care what combo gets me there or how it feels. I

know the WGDGPS feels sooooo slick after application but it doesn't pop on my silver until

I light it up with some Fuzion . So whatever works right?

ScottB
07-17-2012, 06:54 PM
funny when I read the title I immediately thought about claying ... now that these towels exist, I wondered if anyone would miss the tactile feel that claying provides when you encounter good paint from contaminated paint.

ssnobrakes
07-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I also make it a point to feel the finish after I wax my cars........The more slippery it is the more likely that rain/dirt/dust will slide off. I think that carnuba waxes may feel thicker because they are softer and give more. A synthetic sealant to me feels harder like a shell on an M&M candy.

rider9195
07-17-2012, 08:02 PM
I remember the first time I used Midnight Sun I was kinda upset that it didn't feel slick. I topped it over Wet Diamond so after feeling that, MS didn't compare. So I ended up using some Deep Gloss Spray which gave it incredible slickness.

That was before I joined the forum here. I was reading one day and saw a member mention that once the polymers link and you give it some time the slickness really comes out. And I found this to be true.

I learn something new everyday.