PDA

View Full Version : Chemical guys - Black Light

Pages : [1] 2

lawrenceSA
07-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Hi

Sorry for the noob question, but is this product more of a glaze than a sealant.... in other words, after having applied the black light, will it still need to be topped with an LSP, and if so, would a true sealant or a wax be better?

thanks

BobbyG
07-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Chemical Guys Black Light appears to be a gloss enhancing sealant. It's lays down easily and produces a gorgeous wet glossy shine with very little effort. Black Light under normal conditions can be buffed in 15 minutes and re-coated 30 minutes after initial application.

While not mandatory, Black Light seems to be the companion of Chemical Guys Hybrid V7-Optical Spray Sealant. This combination has been successfully used by many members with outstanding results.

I'd top with the sealant and if you choose, apply a coat of wax the next day....:props:

lawrenceSA
07-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Hi BobbyG

Thanks so much for the prompt response - really appreciate it.

:xyxthumbs:

Pats300zx
07-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Trust me you will love Blacklight. It is a such a great product and so easy to use. I will always have it in my detailing arsenal.

lawrenceSA
07-17-2012, 08:17 AM
I was given a small sample of it to try out, and potentially have a black C class merc detail coming up, and was trying to work out what steps to follow after the paint correction.

So I am going to apply the black light, then top up with some #845 and see how it goes :xyxthumbs:

dekciw
07-17-2012, 09:17 AM
I love blacklight! Goes on and wipes off effortlessly, I also use v7 to top it off.

swanicyouth
07-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Does BL have any abrasives in it?

TimmyG
07-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Does BL have any abrasives in it?
From what I understand, yes.

I used it last week on a friends AMG with jaw dropping results. First coat applied via PC, next coat by hand, then a coat of V7 to top it off.

Agfan
07-17-2012, 09:56 AM
I've been using black light for two years now. The stuff is definitely amazing. Has very small abrasives(cleaning properties), gloss enhancer and sealant. I always top with another sealant or wax just because there isn't much duribility on protection. Other then that it's a top notch product.

BobbyG
07-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Not an attempt to hijack this thread but what are your opinions of Chemical Guy's Black Light vs. PoorBoy's World Black Hole??

Feed back please

Agfan
07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
A lot of people think bl is a glaze because it would be applied in the spot when a glaze would be applied. I however dont think it is. Also I think it's a waste to apply blackhole before or after bl. Glaze could be removed by bl and a glaze won't last long on top of an lsp. So I apply one or the other.
As far as look. Bl is glossier and last longer but blackhole is extremely smooth and gives awesome depth to paint. Pb's glazes are the only ones I use.

swanicyouth
07-17-2012, 10:46 AM
I want to try the product, but I'm just leary of using any glaze that has abrasives when my finish doesn't need polishing. I guess it's mild so it won't hurt. Same feeling with Amigo.

Agfan
07-17-2012, 11:11 AM
They are cleaners. They won't remove clear coat.

Puckywuckums
08-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Used Black light this weekend. 2 coats, with 30 minutes cure time in between. Topped with Collinite. Awesome stuff!

Memphis_Blue
08-21-2012, 08:24 AM
To the posters original question:

Yes, you are going to want to top CG Blacklight with an LSP. My go-to formula is Dodo Born to Be Mild wash, CG Blacklight, then Collinite 845. You won't be disappointed!