PDA

View Full Version : DP Surface Shield Sealant

Jimmie
04-05-2007, 08:57 PM
This could be the shortest thread in history. I never hear any mention of DP SS Sealant. Does anybody have some experience with it? I've got a bottle and in tests it looks like it's going to be awesome. I hear a lot about WG; PB; Klasse; UPP sealants but not DP. What's up???

budman3
04-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Not sure... I have a bottle of the first version and it doesn't get used that much... no reasons why. Maybe I'll use it on my next detail...

dengood1
04-05-2007, 09:04 PM
This could be the shortest thread in history. I never hear any mention of DP SS Sealant. Does anybody have some experience with it? I've got a bottle and in tests it looks like it's going to be awesome. I hear a lot about WG; PB; Klasse; UPP sealants but not DP. What's up???

Give it a shot and let us know!! It's slick and super easy to use.

FloridaNative
04-05-2007, 09:11 PM
They are both excellent. The old one gives lots of shine and nice reflections. The newer one looks alot like the old one, but has more slickness and would be a little closer to the Wolfgang sealant in appearance. I hope this helps you. :)

Fog Runner
04-05-2007, 10:04 PM
I had a bottle that has been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months now, and I never did even open it. I decided to do my after winter detail this week, and actually just finished tonight. I clayed, polished. then put down a layer of DG 105 then 24 hours later I followed with a layer of DP SS just to test it out beings it has been sitting there. What I found it that it went on and came off very easy. As far as the shine, I did not see to much difference going over the 105 which gives a great wet shine in the first place. As far as the feel it did make the surface slicker, not sure if this was the DP or if it was just because it was the second coat. It was dark when I finished, so I will get a better look at it tomorrow and will be able to give a little more detail. I will also try to take some pics and post. All in all, I was pretty happy with with the results and will plan on using again, but first I want to see how the protection is.

FR

supercharged
04-06-2007, 09:01 PM
They are both excellent. The old one gives lots of shine and nice reflections. The newer one looks alot like the old one, but has more slickness and would be a little closer to the Wolfgang sealant in appearance. I hope this helps you. :)
:iagree: :iagree:

noname5
04-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I have the spray version and like it :). Very slick, and sealant glossy, just as you would expect. I suppose it does have a *bit* of depth, but really, it is a sealant, so it isn't going to be as deep as a good old carnauba anyway (but does produce insane reflections that isn't quite a nuba's speciality). But then again, there's nothing holding you back from topping the sealant with a 'nuba :D

... after it cures, of course.

Mike T
04-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Are you talking about the green stuff? If so I've had great success with that stuff. Really delivers a nice reflection and really makes the flakes POP. Beads well too.

Kelso
04-07-2007, 12:09 AM
looks fantastic on my car, slickness is almost unbeatable, i was absolutely amazed when i first applied it...then it wore off and i just reapplied the other day and im back to that wow omg its so freakin slick!

ScottB
04-07-2007, 01:50 AM
The newer version (green color, transparent bottle) was a rock solid entry. Looked alot like new Pro Zaino and had much better durability from the original offering. The Spray version came out and pretty much stole the fan-fare.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/dp/1756-ernies-new-ride-do-you-remember-him-detailfest.html
Shield Shine on Xterra Review

HighEndDetail
04-07-2007, 09:12 AM
I have used it a few times and it is awsome. I did this porsche last week. And I also have it on my daily driver
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m70/Zainodude/IMG_2797Boxter.jpg

nick19
04-07-2007, 10:08 AM

The best answer... I agree totally. DP's PSS is a excellent sealant, however I only have a sample of it. I will buy it once it's on sale again.

Jimmie
04-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for your input everyone. That was good stuff. Now I'm glad that it's on my shelf.
Killr- My DP PSS is in the milk colored bottle but it says "New Formula" (green stuff). Is there an even newer offering? Clear bottle?

ScottB
04-08-2007, 11:48 AM
if it says new formula, thats the updated version. I sometimes get my beta offerings in different bottles.