PDA

View Full Version : SO... what is this place, really?

oldgeek
07-16-2012, 02:09 PM
On the autogeek about page, they say:

"Autogeek.net is just one of the stores owned by Palm Beach Motoring Group, a dynamic, fast-growing company with retail, manufacturing, and domestic and international distribution divisions. We proudly manufacturer Pinnacle Natural Brilliance, Wolfgang Concours Series, Diamondite Glass & Plastic Care Systems, Detailer's Pro Series, XMT Series, and import premium Cobra Microfiber. In addition to Autogeek.net, our exceptional products can be found at our manufacturer websites: Pinnaclewax.com, Wolfgangcarcare.com, and Diamondite.com. Find quality motorcycle care products at BikeDepot.net. Detail your boat or RV to perfection with the products and advice found at PremiumBoatCare.com."

So PBMG owns it all but are the 4 product brands (pinnacle, wolfgang, diamondite, detailer's) separate companies?
Separate developers? or does one group of people do all the R&D?
Do they share production facilities?
Do they share technologies and chemistry?

... OR are they all pretty much the same stuff with different labels?

wgilles
07-16-2012, 02:48 PM
I would look at like Proctor and Gamble. They make tons of stuff, but even their similar products have different formulas.

I've used various products by the different PBMG brands and I can attest that the products that "do the same thing" act very differently and yield different results.

jeremy0203
07-16-2012, 03:05 PM
hmmm i was wondering why they were able to always offer specials on those brands...... no middle man there to up the price =D

Vegas Transplant
07-17-2012, 07:50 PM
... OR are they all pretty much the same stuff with different labels?

Depends on how one classifies, "same stuff". I actually like my Corn Flakes from Kellogg's.

As all the maufacturers pretty much use the same components. Albeit, some have patented polymers and such.

FUNX725 and SetecAstronomy will give one some insight to detailing products if one pays attention to their posts.

My two cents before I go 10-07.

jeremy0203
07-17-2012, 08:15 PM
im curious, were all those brands actually started by PBMG or were some of them acquired through purchase?

ziggo99
07-17-2012, 08:25 PM
im curious, were all those brands actually started by PBMG or were some of them acquired through purchase?

To my knowledge, the only one acquired is the Blackfire line.