PDA

View Full Version : The Best Thing over OptiCoat

swanicyouth
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
So,most of us know OC is a coating that is great as a stand alone. However, after washing I'm guessing at least some of us are topping it with something for different reasons.

I've used Opt Spray Wax, Opt Opt Ins Detailer, Meg's Ult Spray Wax, PB QD+, Prima Slick, Ultima WW, Griots Speed Shine, Zymol Field Glaze, Prima Hydro, and now Aquawax.

By far IMHO the best one of these is Prima Hydro. This is a product that doesn't get a ton of mentions here. This is an amazining spray sealant that is super slick. It seems to last on top of OC for a whole and makes is bead and slick far better than anything else I tried.

I did try everyone's favorite : Aqua wax. It did look pretty good and beaded well. I love the smell of it. It smells like orange mixed with alcohol. However, the slickness just wasn't there. I know this is not important to some, but I like it. Also, I noticed with AW it took a lot more product than Hydro or OCW to cover a panel. Usually with Hydro, once the towel is primed, it takes only about half a spray. I was a little disappointed with the AW.

The other thing I love about Hydro is that it applies perfectly on black. No smears or hazing. Of course 16oz of Hydro costs almost twice as much as AW.

So, I'm wondering, what AG products people are topping OC with?

Has anyone tried any paste waxes??

How about CG V7?

Anyone try Hydro?

A-train
07-16-2012, 01:40 PM
My personal favorites are Permaon and Reload, simply from a shine and protection standpoint. But something from the qd world I like FK425.

mwoolfso
07-16-2012, 01:40 PM
This is an amazining spray sealant that is super slick. It seems to last on top of OC for a whole (a whole what????) and makes is bead and slick far better than anything else I tried.

Inquiring minds want to know...

swanicyouth
07-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Oh, sorry... It's the Hydro...it's just awesome. In fact, I used it on my running boards because it darkens them a bit without being slippery. Then the towel was left super slick and I used it with AW. Just using the towel made the AW slick on the paint.

Theostoubos
07-17-2012, 12:36 AM
I got a bottle of CG V7 to try out. Cannot comment on protection, but it is very easy to apply and it feels really slick. Nice gloss too.

When I like a product, especially a spray wax, I go straight to a gallon size. For the moment I use OCW.

Theo

builthatch
07-17-2012, 01:10 AM
My personal favorites are Permaon and Reload, simply from a shine and protection standpoint. But something from the qd world I like FK425.

protection? nothing will give you more protection than opti-coat, whether you add something on top or not : )

TroyScherer
07-17-2012, 05:30 AM
protection? nothing will give you more protection than opti-coat, whether you add something on top or not : )

That may be true. But Permanon and Reload are great products that add a layer of protection in their own right. Permanon is considered a standalone product in its own right but works great to add slickness to a coating like OG/OC. And in my opinion and experience Reload is quality spray sealant that really could be considered as a standalone product as well.

^ I am in full agreement. I do like DG Aquawax as well. But on OG I use the Aquawax as a drying aid and nothing more.

sohail99
07-17-2012, 06:08 AM

Same here! Permanon or Reload!
Same for QD, I use fk425 too!:xyxthumbs:

Permanon, for when I have to drive through dusty areas and reload for when she's sitting in the driveway/ garage looking pretty! :)

Just got Zymol glasur and will use it over OC when I have to show off! lol ;)

Setec Astronomy
07-17-2012, 07:16 AM

I think he meant it lasts for a while, not a whole.

swanicyouth
07-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Reload will now be on my next order. Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to try some paste wax or even some White Diamond Glaze over my OptiCoated Bayshore Blue Pathfinder tomorrow just to see what happens.