PDA

View Full Version : First FULL detail with Blackfire, does my gameplan make sense?

Mydnyghte
07-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Been a long time user of the Wolfgang line, and LOVED it. Though, the bug started biting me and I wanted to try out the Blackfire line. So I picked up a couple items from the series, then my wife bought me the rest of it. :props:

Getting ready to set in and realized I am not entirely sure what steps I need to go in and if I even need to use all the products I have. The rundown:

Compound
Gloss Enhancing Polish
Finishing Polish
All Finish Paint Protection

What I am thinking, since the paint is in great shape, I don't believe I need to use the compound since the car stays garaged and definitely is not a daily driver. Following Mikes creed of using the least aggressive product, I figured I would start with the Finishing Polish to knock out the little bit of swirls that are there, then follow with the Gloss Enhancing Polish, then the All Finish Paint Protection, and lastly a coat or two of Midnight Sun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Mydnyghte/20120413_153302.jpg

glen e
07-15-2012, 11:40 PM
I would think you could start with the gloss enhancing polish......

Mydnyghte
07-15-2012, 11:45 PM
I had thought about it, but from what I have read, it isn't designed to remove swirls, just hide them.

My biggest concern is taking steps that aren't necessary. Like if I were to start with the FP, would the GEP be necessary or could I just go straight to the AFPP. The OCD part of me wants to use them all because I have 4 products and using just 3 doesn't sit well :rolleyes: HOWEVER, the other part of me also realizes my deadline is Wednesday.....

Nick McKees37
07-16-2012, 05:20 AM
Compound - Finishing Polish - Sealant

Gloss Enhancing Polish will never be used in conjunction with the first two steps (compound and polish). Use the Gloss Enhancing Polish later down the road when it comes time to apply the sealant again.

JJH
07-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Have you looked at that paint closely? See what kind of defects you're dealing with first and then make your product choices.

Mydnyghte
07-16-2012, 02:48 PM
The paint is in good shape, just a few minor swirls from regular washes.

Thanks for the clarification Nick, so the GEP is just for maintaining what is accomplished with the compound and polish, correct?