PDA

View Full Version : My rant for the day

Pages : [1] 2

HighEndDetail
04-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Well earlier today sucked. I was all set up to do a bmw M3. I was contacted by the owners father to detail his son's car. I drove 18.49 miles one way to do this. I met him out in the parking lot. At least 80 feet from any other vehicle, in the parking lot. I started on the interior, vacummed the passenger side and passenger back seat. A maintenance guy drives up, gets out and say's. Are you detailing this car( I reframed from saying something smart) I said yes sir I am. He said you gave you permission, I said the owner of the car. He said, well you need permission from the management company to do this. Not the tenants, he asked if this was the only one I said yes. Then said some BS stuff( like way out there stuff)
Got on his phone, called his boss(management) asked for my card. Said she wants her car done. He leaves, all is good I thought. 5 min late the owner of the car comes out and say's. They say you have to stop, I'm like :mad: thats BS big time. So we are trying to make it happen for saturday, I hope. Since his dad paid my like 3 weeks ago for it. Then I drove back 18.49 miles, a total of 36.98 miles wasted. Dropped of the trailer and went to my second bmw for the day.

Has anything like this happen to you before.

BILL
04-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Well earlier today sucked. I was all set up to do a bmw M3. I was contacted by the owners father to detail his son's car. I drove 18.49 miles one way to do this. I met him out in the parking lot. At least 80 feet from any other vehicle, in the parking lot. I started on the interior, vacummed the passenger side and passenger back seat. A maintenance guy drives up, gets out and say's. Are you detailing this car( I reframed from saying something smart) I said yes sir I am. He said you gave you permission, I said the owner of the car. He said, well you need permission from the management company to do this. Not the tenants, he asked if this was the only one I said yes. Then said some BS stuff( like way out there stuff)
Got on his phone, called his boss(management) asked for my card. Said she wants her car done. He leaves, all is good I thought. 5 min late the owner of the car comes out and say's. They say you have to stop, I'm like :mad: thats BS big time. So we are trying to make it happen for saturday, I hope. Since his dad paid my like 3 weeks ago for it. Then I drove back 18.49 miles, a total of 36.98 miles wasted. Dropped of the trailer and went to my second bmw for the day.

Has anything like this happen to you before.

Sorry that your day sucked.....:o At first i thought maybe that guy who approached you wanted a few bucks to look the other way...but i see it was deeper than that..... Good luck for saturday.....:cheers:

Nica
04-05-2007, 06:12 PM
So what exactly was the problem, something to do with the place you were detailing at? Or was it that there was no consent from the true owner?

Sounds like it wasn’t much fun driving back buddy, but look in the bright side you got another vehicle to detail plus you will eventually get to detail the M3....overall not to shabby if you ask me.

BILL
04-05-2007, 06:15 PM
So what exactly was the problem, something to do with the place you were detailing at? Or was it that there was no consent from the true owner?

Sounds like it wasn’t much fun driving back buddy, but look in the bright side you got another vehicle to detail plus you will eventually get to detail the M3....overall not to shabby if you ask me.

HE MAY HAVE BEEN ON A BUSINESS PRIVATE PROPERTY

Nica
04-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Yea that's what I was thinking but still that is kinda odd...well perhaps not some people are quite up tight what happens around there property.

justin_murphy
04-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Ed, like whend talked........I still feel your pain. That would totally suck. I have had one to forget I was coming and not be home......after a 30 minute drive there!

Maybe I should start my rant thread!

LOL!

sparkie
04-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Man, sorry to hear that, that realy sucks!

HighEndDetail
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
HE MAY HAVE BEEN ON A BUSINESS PRIVATE PROPERTY

I think that is what it was, and they wanted to be asked to feel important

dengood1
04-05-2007, 09:57 PM
some people just plain SUCK......the end!

Yeah, they might have gotten to know the smart ass side of me that SO easily comes out of me in those situations:mad:

ltoman
04-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Ed,
Oh that's so awful! Some people just .... are inconsiderate at best. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
Lauren

ltoman
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
some people just plain SUCK......the end!

Yeah, they might have gotten to know the smart ass side of me that SO easily comes out of me in those situations:mad:

dengood, i don't think i have ever seen a bad side come out in you!!!!:confused:

dengood1
04-05-2007, 10:14 PM
dengood, i don't think i have ever seen a bad side come out in you!!!!:confused:

I just hate people like that......blows my mind when people look out their window and say "OH MY GOD, that guy's making money in our parking lot, gotta stop that!!"...

..OH NO, NOT THAT!!!:eek: Anything but THAT!! I REALLY don't like nonsense!! I get in "trouble" at work because I tend to voice my opinion (sometimes sarcasm is involved) about things that do not make sense and no logical explanation can be given to why things are done that affect me (new policies, payroll cuts, etc., etc.). I'm not one to sit back and get "screwed" without questions;)

Ed was obviously not hurting a sole and along comes this idiot that wants to feel important. GRRRRRRR! Me no likey that!!

Ok, I'm happy now:D

ltoman
04-05-2007, 10:17 PM
I just hate people like that......blows my mind when people look out their window and say "OH MY GOD, that guy's making money in our parking lot, gotta stop that!!"...

..OH NO, NOT THAT!!!:eek: Anything but THAT!! I REALLY don't like nonsense!! I get in "trouble" at work because I tend to voice my opinion (sometimes sarcasm is involved) about things that do not make sense and no logical explanation can be given to why things are done that affect me (new policies, payroll cuts, etc., etc.). I'm not one to sit back and get "screwed" without questions;)

Ed was obviously not hurting a sole and along comes this idiot that wants to feel important. GRRRRRRR! Me no likey that!!

Ok, I'm happy now:D

Actually, I think everything you said is right on the money. I totally agree with you, once again.
I know about the sarcasm and voicing opinions - I find the older I get, the more at work I have to comment on, but I never get in trouble. Keep your fingers crossed on that!

It was cruel and unnecessary what they did to Ed.:mad:

Nuke33
04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
That sucks so much

dengood1
04-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Actually, I think everything you said is right on the money. I totally agree with you, once again.
I know about the sarcasm and voicing opinions - I find the older I get, the more at work I have to comment on, but I never get in trouble. Keep your fingers crossed on that!

It was cruel and unnecessary what they did to Ed.:mad:

21 years at my job........I don't get in trouble either;)