PDA

View Full Version : Meguires g110v2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DaveT435
07-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Ok...it almost made it through 2 whole cars. Not at all happy with this product. I've read a couple of other people having the same type of problem. Starts and stops starts and stops. I've read power cord issues. Checked the brushes where I ran into another big problem.

Setec Astronomy
07-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Checked the brushes where I ran into another big problem.

Which was??

ScottB
07-15-2012, 09:11 AM
haven't heard many complaints ... if you ordered here why not call client support on Monday to try and resolve.

Joleat
07-15-2012, 10:46 AM
I ordered one from Autogeek earlier this year and so far I've been satisfied. It does make a little excessive noise compared to some other tools I've used, but I'm not sure if this is cause for alarm or not. Since owning the DA, I've polished both my Mustang and Focus once and have applied wax with it probably 6-8 times.

swanicyouth
07-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Ok...it almost made it through 2 whole cars. Not at all happy with this product. I've read a couple of other people having the same type of problem. Starts and stops starts and stops. I've read power cord issues. Checked the brushes where I ran into another big problem.

Just curious... What made you pick this DA over a 7424XP?

habeba86
07-15-2012, 11:57 AM

Happened to me twice...I emailed meguairs and ask id it was fixed and they said they updated the cord......but doesnt seem like it, unless you got an old one.

Jab1719
07-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Used mine on 5 cars so far with no problems.

DaveT435
07-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Which was??

They put a very thin piece of threaded plastic in there for the screw to go into. Took the first one out and checked it (keep in mind I am very mechanically inclined) when I went to put the screw back in a piece broke out of the little threaded piece. I thought ok...it will still hold it's possible, not probable, that I started it cross threaded...could be my fault. Checked the second one went to put the screw back in and while I was trying to get the screw straight the piece broke in three pieces. I wasn't even putting pressure on it.

DaveT435
07-15-2012, 05:58 PM
It was a name I knew for quality car care products. I think I am going with the Porter Cable. Glad some of you are having good luck with these. I read a post from someone else who had one go out at two years...which I would consider ok...he got another one and it went out in two weeks...same type of problem I had. He got a replacement and it hasn't given him any problems...
If y'all ever have to replace the brushes good luck. In my opinion that piece of threaded plastic should be steel...or at least made with a sleeve that goes down into the machine.

DaveT435
07-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Happened to me twice...I emailed meguairs and ask id it was fixed and they said they updated the cord......but doesnt seem like it, unless you got an old one.
I got the new one...I think. It had the rubber cord which I believe was one of the changes...
Did you ever remove the brushes??

There have been a few other with problems...I guess it's cord related???

DaveT435
07-15-2012, 06:03 PM
haven't heard many complaints ... if you ordered here why not call client support on Monday to try and resolve.

Yes I bought it from y'all and plan on calling tomorrow. I've heard good things about you. My son went and bought one at Wal-Mart to finish the car. I hate Wal-Mart...

DaveT435
07-15-2012, 06:06 PM
As long as they help me on this one I'm going to try and go with the Porter cable. I assume that's what you have? If so how do you like it?

mg6045
07-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Get the Griots, lifetime warranty and there awesome about replacements.

Theres no doubt the Porter Cable is the most durable machine, but it is absolutely horrible to use to buff out an entire car on speed 6. It vibrates like crazy and really hurts your hands. I could only tolerate speed 5. but speed 5 hardly keeps the pad spinning with pressure.

Ultimately theres no fool proof machine. which is why I usually have 2 Griots on hand at a time.

mg6045
07-15-2012, 07:21 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQrQzIBH50c&feature=plcp]Dual Action Polisher Comparison HD Polisher Meguiars G110v2 Griots Garage 6 Porter Cable 7424XP Shurhold Garry Dean Tampa FL Premium Custom Detailing - YouTube[/video]

Rsurfer
07-15-2012, 07:34 PM
They are now getting some bad reviews on this HD polisher. Just ask SSizzlin, they locked out his thread when he posted a bad review.
Dual Action Polisher Comparison HD Polisher Meguiars G110v2 Griots Garage 6 Porter Cable 7424XP Shurhold Garry Dean Tampa FL Premium Custom Detailing - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQrQzIBH50c&feature=plcp)