PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washer

Dannypanny
07-15-2012, 08:53 AM
What's a good pressure washer to purchase reliable and what's the right amount of pressure you need to wash cars,engine bays under carriage? Thanks

I was looking at the dewalt 4240 but was thinking might be overkill for car washing? Any advice is greatly appreciated thanks

loudog2
07-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Car washing only you can go electric. If you are going to use it a dual purpose, which you eventually with, then gas is the way to go. I have a 2600psi troybuilt gasw/honda engine that is fine for both cars and house. Make sure you have all the tips to use. Usually it comes with 4 tips(soak, automobile/gentle, general use and extreme). The tip is what lessen the power/strengthens the water.

DaGonz
07-15-2012, 10:44 AM
I have a Husky gas pressure washer that I use for my foam gun. It has three tips, 25 degree fan, 15 degree fan and pinpoint. I use the 25 degree tip for cleaning wheels and wheel wells if they are exceptionally dirty.

rwisejr
07-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I personally use a Camspray 1500A . This unit is electric and is built like a tank. As I won't use a gas unit asthe create too much noise. As I like to detail very early in the mornings starting at about 7am. So I don't disturb my neighbors. The unit is pricey but will last for years. In addition it fits in my trunk if I need to use elsewhere.

Twister
07-15-2012, 11:28 AM
I personally use a Camspray 1500A . This unit is electric and is built like a tank. As I won't use a gas unit asthe create too much noise. As I like to detail very early in the mornings starting at about 7am. So I don't disturb my neighbors. The unit is pricey but will last for years. In addition it fits in my trunk if I need to use elsewhere.

I hear great things about them. Do you know how many amps the camspray requires to run? Some of the ones I've looked at require 20a and that could be a problem if your working away from home.