PDA

View Full Version : Imprompt Poll -- Should AG consider removing Off-topic ??

Pages : [1] 2 3

ScottB
04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
In light of all the recent commotion, should AG consider removing Off-topic and replacing it with a Product Evaluation area ?? Remember I dont have the final word, and not asking for deep dark convulted post on why/why-not, but lets see what the thought is .....

P1et
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Please don't take away Off-Topic, I check it everyday at work!

How about everyone just take a deep breath and get back to basics...

BILL
04-05-2007, 04:34 PM
[quote=killrwheels@autogeek]In light of all the recent commotion,

keep the off topic

RTexasF
04-05-2007, 04:35 PM
I don't know that it's vital but I do think it should stay. Just because something went a bit sour isn't cause to remove the entire thing. Looking at the vast number of pages should provide a clue that "Off Topic" is popular.

Meghan
04-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Please don't take away Off-Topic, I check it everyday at work!

How about everyone just take a deep breath and get back to basics...
:iagree:
Like I said before you can choose which topics and thread you read and reply too, if its not for you skip it.

HighEndDetail
04-05-2007, 04:50 PM
:iagree:
Like I said before you can choose which topics and thread you read and reply too, if its not for you skip it.

I agree with Meghan.

P.S. Scott I like the new avatar sweet

AL417
04-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Keep the Off Topic section. It's a great way to get to know what other Members are about beside being detailing Geeks. Stuff is going to happen. Either read it or pass on it. Same as pics that may not be something you want to see; others may enjoy them. I like the diversity that can be found when people from all over the world post whatever they feel like talking about. It's a choice that each of us has to make. You either read the thread or pass on it. This may be a simplistic approach but it's also a great taste of reality for all of us.

William H. Bonney
04-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Did I miss something?

ScottB
04-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I agree with Meghan.

P.S. Scott I like the new avatar sweet

your friend , my golfguyc5 sent it to me, couldnt resist !!

BILL
04-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Did I miss something?

I'LL P.M. YOU;)

koibybrian
04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Did I miss something?

Thrasher fan? Who will Win Lord Stanley?

William H. Bonney
04-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Thrasher fan? Who will Win Lord Stanley?Man thats tough, there are so many good teams this year. I think that the Wild will surprise a few, Buffalo will choke as will Detoilet. Nashville and Anaheim are looking damn good.

Oh and its just wax people, lighten up.

sparkie
04-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I like the off-topic.

alban61
04-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Off-Topic should stay. The reason it's Off Topic is because it doesn't really relate to detailing. So if you come to a thread that's not your Topic, get Off it and find another one. If you don't like what's posted, skip it and move on to another thread that may interest you. Just like a TV.....don't like what's being shown on one channel, switch to another. Simple as that!! Why keep reading/looking at certain threads if it upsets you? Move on!! Example....I don't like Rosie O'D. So if I'm watching something and she's on it, I switch the channel to watch something else. We all are different with different tastes. The only thing we all have in common is the love of keeping our vehicles looking great. Time spent on AG Forum is to get away from the mundane, daily work routine. While it's too cold in the winter here, it's time spent to see cars detailed by folks in the South, and daydream about what your car would look like come Springtime. What combos you're going to try. Smile, laugh at some Off-Topic banter and jokes. See an off-color joke that makes you mad......change the channel and find something that'll make you smile and daydream again! I do!

bambo2888
04-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Keep it. What's the use in getting rid something that you can choose to read or not?

I have two words to those with problems with the Off Topic threads... CHILL OUT.