PDA

View Full Version : Correct steps and products to prepare for Opti-Coat 2.0

Detail-Impressions
07-14-2012, 02:49 PM
What is the correct steps and products to prepare a new Toyota Camry (super white) for Opti-coat 2.0?

Wheelzntoys
07-14-2012, 03:22 PM
From Bobby G post:

Wash
Clay
Polish
IPA
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

Looks easy, haven't tried it, waiting for time to use my Hard Body.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itLTTTMexE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Opti-Coat 2.0 application.wmv - YouTube[/video]

Rsurfer
07-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Not that it matters, but you do know that your Toyota Super white does not have clear coat. It's single stage paint.
What is the correct steps and products to prepare a new Toyota Camry (super white) for Opti-coat 2.0?

Rsurfer
07-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Where did you get the Hard Body? Looks very promising.
From Bobby G post:

Wash
Clay
Polish
IPA
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

Looks easy, haven't tried it, waiting for time to use my Hard Body.

Opti-Coat 2.0 application.wmv - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itLTTTMexE&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Detail-Impressions
07-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Not that it matters, but you do know that your Toyota Super white does not have clear coat. It's single stage paint.

Are you sure to single stage paint?
as I understand all cars today are water basecoat and two coats of clear?

Wheelzntoys
07-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote from Chris/Optimum:

"Although Optimum Coating was designed for clear coat applications, we have found that it will bond to any hard surface when prepped properly. When considering a single stage paint system, the "bare paint" rule still applies. You can apply it to single stage, but you will need to "strip" the surface of all waxes, polishing oils, etc. so that proper bonding will occur."

Rsurfer
07-14-2012, 05:50 PM
The pearl whites are clear coated, but not the pure whites. Don't ask me why as I have asked many Toyota dealers and no one seems to know.
Are you sure to single stage paint?
as I understand all cars today are water basecoat and two coats of clear?

Detail-Impressions
07-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Rsurfer,
Thank you for the information and help.

I did a 2011 VW Jetta "Candy White" Used Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and wiped down with Griot's Garage Paint Prep and applied Opt-Coat 2.0.