PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SE Wisconsin

duggie33
07-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi all. I've been lurking for a few weeks reading all kinds of good information and watching videos on how to better take care of our cars and motorcycle. I must say it is pretty impressive the knowledge that is available with a few good searches in this forum.:dblthumb2:

A few months ago I bought myself a 2012 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited and I've noticed some scratches and light swirls while washing it so I decided that I need to know more about proper care of the paint. Now it's turned into somewhat of a challenge to myself to be able to do this right and be able to spot when it is not right because I've now realized how little I knew and how much damage I could do just washing my car.

The other vehicles in the household are a 2008 Honda Civic LX and a 2001 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI (Ultra Classic). The bike's paint is pretty bad shape with RIDS, swirls, chips, so if I take on all the challenges with that it will take some serious learning and time. Maybe some disassembly and work in the basement over the winter will be in order.

I've got both feet in right now and I hope that my interest and desire to always maintain our vehicles to the best of my ability does not fade over time. I may not post a lot but you can be sure I will be searching for answers, tips, suggestions, etc. Thanks all!

mjlinane
07-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Welcome to AGO!!

poweraid
07-14-2012, 12:07 PM
welcome from central Wisconsin

bl3ujay07
07-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Welcome to AGO, from Milwaukee (brown deer to be exact)!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

steve swafford
07-14-2012, 02:08 PM
:welcome: