PDA

View Full Version : Drug of choice for waxaholics!

Pages : [1] 2

hoyt66
07-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Like to wax? One word...SOUVERAN! I washed my wifes red Dodge Journey this morning and was very pleased to see there was no evidence of the Souveran wax I applied about

a month ago. I know it's not know for it's durability I'm just saying if ya like to wax and not waste product a wax that has low durability might be a good choice!

My name is Chet and I'm a waxaholic :buffing:

Doobis
07-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Zymol Glasur. I was all into Fuzion, Souveran, and midnight sun. I got rid of both my Fuzion and Souveran cause I stopped using them and Zymol is my current favorite out of anything I have tried. The sheeting action, butter smooth on and off and durability puts it above any thing else I still own or have owned.

hoyt66
07-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Zymol Glasur. I was all into Fuzion, Souveran, and midnight sun. I got rid of both my Fuzion and Souveran cause I stopped using them and Zymol is my current favorite out of anything I have tried. The sheeting action, butter smooth on and off and durability puts it above any thing else I still own or have owned.

Well that said, Souveran is a better choice for the waxaholic. Souveran has low durability

where I think you're saying Zymol has high durability. Right? Since Souveran doesn't last

long you can wax more often!:dblthumb2:

Doobis
07-14-2012, 09:34 AM
who said..i already waxed my car 3 times with it in the past month cause I like it so much. Durability doesnt mean you cant keep waxing it every few weeks.

hoyt66
07-14-2012, 09:37 AM
who said..i already waxed my car 3 times with it in the past month cause I like it so much. Durability doesnt mean you cant keep waxing it every few weeks.

This is true. No offense:xyxthumbs:

swanicyouth
07-14-2012, 09:46 AM

Layers.... Souverän was was complete gone after 1 month? Nothing left at all? If you like to wax you can just keep layering whatever your using. I've been stripping down and switching up every few months.

ScottB
07-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Souveran Paste looks better than the others but needs some care to get the best durability from it. Use the Pinnacle Soap and Souveran Spray Wax.

No other wax can be put on and removed in 10 minutes. I have perfected the amount needed and can do an average car in less than 15 minutes. Leave it in the sun for 15 minutes and the depth and wetness stand out.

Doobis
07-14-2012, 09:53 AM
to each their own..thats why i stopped using Souveran. For what it is I find it to be over priced and the lack of durability i think it should be classified as a glaze. I would start to see it going after like 2 car washes. It looks nice but thats it. Midnight Sun is my 2nd favorite to use.

hoyt66
07-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Don't get me wrong Souveran fan's. I love Souveran on dark colors.

Vegas Transplant
07-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Souveran Paste looks better than the others but needs some care to get the best durability from it. Use the Pinnacle Soap and Souveran Spray Wax.

No other wax can be put on and removed in 10 minutes. I have perfected the amount needed and can do an average car in less than 15 minutes. Leave it in the sun for 15 minutes and the depth and wetness stand out.

This product is reminiscent of a liquid wax that I used previously...

AutoMagic Strawberry Wet Wax...great depth, gloss, awe inspiring on darker colors, easy on/off, minimal amount to produce desired results...but no durability.

A waxaholics friend.

Silverstone
07-14-2012, 06:03 PM
I started using Liquid Souveran this year from using Wolfgang sealant previously. The Souveran holds up very well with two coats, but with one coat of Wolfgang underneath, especially applied to a Klasse AIO pre-cleaned paint, I can get through the NY winters very nicely.

umi000
07-14-2012, 06:12 PM
I started using Liquid Souveran this year from using Wolfgang sealant previously. The Souveran holds up very well with two coats, but with one coat of Wolfgang underneath, especially applied to a Klasse AIO pre-cleaned paint, I can get through the NY winters very nicely.

Given that you have the Wolfgang sealant underneath, how do you know that the Souveran is still there?

Francis

hoyt66
07-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Given that you have the Wolfgang sealant underneath, how do you know that the Souveran is still there?

Francis

Or any wax for that matter right?

Toy_Cam_Ed
07-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Or any wax for that matter right?
Yup. I'm starting to think as long as you use a good sealant, any otc spray wax will do.

Imo, using wax is overrated to begin with. Polish the paint as smooth as possible, seal it, and wax is almost a moot point. Prep is the key.

hoyt66
07-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Yup. I'm starting to think as long as you use a good sealant, any otc spray wax will do.

Imo, using wax is overrated to begin with. Polish the paint as smooth as possible, seal it, and wax is almost a moot point. Prep is the key.

I have an un trained eye and I can say for sure on my Silver paint that WGDGPS alone doesn't "pop" as much alone as when I put some wax over it.I also know that wax

without sealant first doesn't "pop" as much. I wouldn't know when the wax wears off because I wax probably every three weeks. Do we need wax? Do we need sealant? Do

we need sealant and then wax? Do we need wax alone?.........The list goes on and so will the theories of sealants and waxes. Either way whatever the combination we protect our

paint.:dblthumb2: