PDA

View Full Version : DP waterless or ONR and polish question

pyles1735
07-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Debating on the BOGO deal with the DP waterless or ONR rinseless. How many washings would you get out of the 32 oz? And what are the pros and cons of both?

And out of the BF polish in the BOGO and the wolfgang BOGO polish, which is best?

Sent from my Desire HD using AG Online

GoldBl4d3
07-14-2012, 03:52 AM
DP Waterless Wash, it dilutes to 1 part dp, 3 parts (distilled) water. My car takes about 200ml. I do 200ml product with 600ml water using the kwazar sprayers(get one, they are amazing). meaning I get about 20 washes with it. Use wolfgang polish, they are the best :)

poweraid
07-14-2012, 07:51 AM
would u maybe have the products mixed up ? dp waterless and onr are 2 different "washes" by standards . dp rinseless would be equivalent to onr . both dp and onr can be made up to make a qd . dp waterless should not be used as a rinseless though . dp rinseless and waterless are not the same. I believe there is a thread where this was talked about . I'd use dp waterless as like a hyper qd . for very lightly soiled vehicles, some dust or bug removal . anything more would step up to a rinseless or traditional wash .

check out ultima ww+ !!!

as far as the polishes . everyone has their fav or what works for them or "their best " there is no "thee best" . I can't comment on these polishes as I have never used them . of the 3 major brands I do use I keep reaching for menzerna the most .

pyles1735
07-14-2012, 10:29 AM
I was asking which do yall like better and what are the pros and cons of each.

umi000
07-14-2012, 10:59 AM
As already mentioned, DP Waterless and ONR are not exactly interchangeable - different use cases for the two products.

pyles1735
07-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes I know this. I'm asking what the pros and cons of each are. Both of the product and of waterless vs rinseless.

umi000
07-14-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm pretty sure Mike has an article about this...

Ah, found it - here it is: www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23645-difference-between-normal-car-wash-waterless-car-wash-rinseless-car-wash-spray-detailer.html

For myself, I'd get a rinseless before a waterless - I you can use it in more situations than you could a waterless wash.

jasper99006
07-22-2012, 11:24 AM
I use ONR and Opti-clean to wash 99% of the cars I detail. I have NOT used a waterless wash yet. I wish I would have tracked how many washes I have gotten out of my gallon of ONR. Rinse less is less scary to the customers as well as they are used to seeing wash buckets however they are Not use to seeing a dry driveway!! lol

Waxmax
07-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Optimum Opti-Clean is their waterless wash.

BillyJack
07-23-2012, 11:12 AM
My guidelines are:
light dust on a well-waxed garage queen- Spray detailer
A few days of use with no mud or dirt splatters- Waterless Wash
Anything more, short of serious mud or salt- ONR

An ONR wash really doesn't take any more time than a Waterless wipe and uses less equipment. I can do ONR with one wash mf and a 16X24 WW drying towel. A waterless wash uses 3-6 mf towels.

Bill