PDA

View Full Version : Full detail on yellow mustang

MikeyL95
07-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I've had my '03 Yellow Mustang GT since march. I waxed it once a month or so ago and I'm wanting to do a full detail.
I was going to use Dawn, then clay, then Meguiars GC wash, then Meguiars Ultimate Compound, Meguiars M7 glaze, then Meguiars NXT 2.0 topped with Mothers Carnauba paste wax. This is mostly the stuff I've had since my old mustang, except for the wash and waxes.

Should this help good?
I may use a machine for the polish, but I haven't decided yet.

Billand
07-13-2012, 11:22 AM
I have a 04 Mach 1 and I did a 2 step polish with Meg's 105 205 combo Meg's #7 and wgdgs topped with carnauba wax it looks great. I would use a machine I have 15 hours in the paint on this car just to get it perfect for shows.

MikeyL95
07-13-2012, 11:36 AM
I have a 04 Mach 1 and I did a 2 step polish with Meg's 105 205 combo Meg's #7 and wgdgs topped with carnauba wax it looks great. I would use a machine I have 15 hours in the paint on this car just to get it perfect for shows.

I'm jealous of your car. I'd love to have a Mach 1.
What's the 105/205? I saw it when I bout my M7 but I didn't pay attention to it.

Billand
07-13-2012, 12:04 PM
105 is a heave cut compound and 205 is a light finishing polish. Both are to be used with a da flex or rotors buffer. I thought I took great care of the car till I started reading here now I have tons of stuff and started detailing for money to support my habit and for extra cash.

Vegas Transplant
07-13-2012, 04:41 PM
All will be revealed in your test spot.

MikeyL95
07-13-2012, 08:50 PM
I washed with Meguiars Gold Class, used the Mothers Clay Bar Kit, polished with Meguiars Ultimate Compound, then NXT 2.0, then Meguiars #7 Glaze (I kind of forgot to put it on before the NXT 2.0 so I decided to experiment), then topped it with Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax paste.
Also, I used Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel on my tires, Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel for my factory clear coated bullitts and the Chrome for my exhaust tips, then I used Mothers Chrome Polish with a Mothers PowerCone for the tips, and Invisable Glass with rain repellant for my windows.

Overall, I'm happy with the outcome., but in a few months I plan to do another full detail and using a machine with 105/205 and the M7 before the wax. I also want to try some higher end products if anyone has any suggestions.

I would've put up some pictures, but I helped my buddy was his and his dad's and then went to the gym, and on my way home is started raining (just my luck, right?).

MikeyL95
07-13-2012, 08:52 PM
105 is a heave cut compound and 205 is a light finishing polish. Both are to be used with a da flex or rotors buffer. I thought I took great care of the car till I started reading here now I have tons of stuff and started detailing for money to support my habit and for extra cash.

My buddy and I have been contemplating doing some detail work for some extra cash so we can afford higher end products and modify our cars. How much would you charge to detail?

Billand
07-13-2012, 11:05 PM
My buddy and I have been contemplating doing some detail work for some extra cash so we can afford higher end products and modify our cars. How much would you charge to detail?

It depends I charge per job from as low as 100 to as much as a couple grand for concourse details

MikeyL95
07-14-2012, 12:20 AM
It depends I charge per job from as low as 100 to as much as a couple grand for concourse details

Damn, gets expensive

oldmodman
07-14-2012, 02:56 AM
Is your yellow the Zinc Yellow?
That's what I have on my 03 Cobra. I don't think that the Screaming Yellow was an option until the 04 model year.
My Zinc really shows swirls when out in the sun. That color takes almost as much care as black. The Screaming is easier to keep up.

MikeyL95
07-14-2012, 03:02 AM
Is your yellow the Zinc Yellow?
That's what I have on my 03 Cobra. I don't think that the Screaming Yellow was an option until the 04 model year.
My Zinc really shows swirls when out in the sun. That color takes almost as much care as black. The Screaming is easier to keep up.

Yeah it's a PITA!
It looks kind of pale in direct sunlight sometimes

Billand
07-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Damn, gets expensive

Ya it can most my details are in the 300 to 400 dollar rang. If you want to detail for money do family and friends cars for product cost and build a portfolio most of my business is word of mouth I wouldn't do any advertising that cost money cl and local shows pass out cards see if you can find b& b s post on his first 2 years in business it's helpful