PDA

View Full Version : Happy friday!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

alko
07-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Happy Friday boys and girls!!

Today's video was in the news recently. I'm not sure how many have seen the news clip or the entire video, but I thought it was really cool and very creative.

***Please be advised that this video contains adult curse words...if you are sensitive to this type of language, please do not watch***

Here you go...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGAQrEUaeU&feature=plcp]A Conversation With My 12 Year Old Self: 20th Anniversary Edition - YouTube[/video]

Man is it hard to come back to work after a nice 5 day weekend last week. This week seemed like it was a month long!!! Unfortunately I didn't get any detailing done last weekend. I wanted to polish out my car and apply some Dr. Colorchip before my LSP, but it was just too d@mn hot and I actually wasn't motivated :-/ Maybe I'll start this weekend...we'll see. I don't have anything planned...just gonna wing it.

What about you guys? What do ya'll have planned?

BobbyG
07-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Happy Friday Alex!

I saw this video and to think that a 12 year old had the foresight to make this was truly amazing! :props:

Ted S.
07-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Happy Friday Alex!! Trying not to miss your friday threads (plus l2d is down for the moment...)

And I actually get to enjoy the fact that I get the weekend off, not obligations (at least work related).

Enjoy the weekend man... and we need to get on LIVE sometime, and so does Lendon (IOMCAMARO)....

Flash Gordon
07-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Almost like he knew Youtube would be around

No big plans for this weekend. Hope you have a great weekend Alex

Flash Gordon
07-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Happy Friday Alex!

I saw this video and to think that a 12 year old had the foresight to make this was truly amazing! :props:

Thats the word I was searching for! I typed insight, then hindsight and just knew those weren't right

Better be glad I'm slow BobbyG or I would've responded before you

Happy Friday the 13th BobbyG :props:

rider9195
07-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Happy Friday Alex and everyone else!

At the moment I'm sitting here waiting for a customer to call when his car is ready to be picked up. Just a quick clean up on the exterior. But the interior is getting the works. Steaming and all.

Glad this week is over. Was fairly busy! I'm hoping to get some go fast goodies for my car soon, so I'll have to find some time to install those.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday and weekend everyone!

richy
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Alex, hope you have a good weekend. Just a suggestion, Nick banned me after posting a very funny video about police that had curse words in it. You may want to delete it. As for me, I've got an older 7 series lined up to do this weekend. Supposed to be hot but very nice.

alko
07-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Happy Friday Alex!

I saw this video and to think that a 12 year old had the foresight to make this was truly amazing!

Happy Friday Bobby!!! I KNOW RIGHT?!?! I've watched this video about a dozen times and each time I find it uh-may-zing! It's like a video time capsule.

Have a great weekend buddy!

Happy Friday Alex!! Trying not to miss your friday threads (plus l2d is down for the moment...)

And I actually get to enjoy the fact that I get the weekend off, not obligations (at least work related).

Enjoy the weekend man... and we need to get on LIVE sometime, and so does Lendon (IOMCAMARO)....

Happy Friday Ted!!! Glad to see you posting to the HF threads, and I'm glad to see you getting some time off. You gonna get any detailing done?

I'm mainly on MW2...I'm kinda pissed that I didn't know you had to pay an extra $20 to play online for Battlefield 3. Had I known that, I would have kept MW3. But I'll be picking up that new Medal of Honor...that game looks SICK!! It looks way better than COD or Battlefield 3.

Enjoy your weekend man!

Almost like he knew Youtube would be around

No big plans for this weekend. Hope you have a great weekend Alex

Its really cool to see...he was talented then and he stuck with his gift. I'm not a follower of his but from the intro to the video, looks like he was really into TV production.

Have a FANTASTIC weekend FLASH!!!

Happy Friday Alex and everyone else!

At the moment I'm sitting here waiting for a customer to call when his car is ready to be picked up. Just a quick clean up on the exterior. But the interior is getting the works. Steaming and all.

Glad this week is over. Was fairly busy! I'm hoping to get some go fast goodies for my car soon, so I'll have to find some time to install those.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday and weekend everyone!

You really putting in work with that steamer huh?! I gotta save up some money for that steamer. I know its a HUGE selling point with detail packages. You'll probably really pick up customers now, especially by word of mouth.

Have a great weekend Ryan!

Alex, hope you have a good weekend. Just a suggestion, Nick banned me after posting a very funny video about police that had curse words in it. You may want to delete it. As for me, I've got an older 7 series lined up to do this weekend. Supposed to be hot but very nice.

Happy Friday Richy!!!! Yeah I've received a PM in the past for posting my fail videos since it had cursing in it. I try to watch the video's atleast twice before posting here. Lately I've been trying to post video's without cursing or adult situations because some forum members can be alittle sensitive towards that, so thats why I've been putting up disclaimers. I feel if I do that then everyone is forewarned.

I've definitely been watching your posts Richy...I wish you lived closer cause I'd really like to hang with you for a day of detailing. Maybe one day my friend! Have a great weekend Richy!

TS656577
07-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Happy Friday Alex!

I did my good detailing deed for the day. I was in Walmart for some things and decided to see if they had Meguiar's MF pads like some others said their Walmart had. They did not sadly, but I met a poor soul there in that isle who was gonna "detail" his Corvette. I kindly told him I detail on the side almost every week and gave him a few tips and products to try. Luckily, he put down everything he had, picked up Meguiar's Gold Class wash and proceeded to Advance Auto where they sell MOST of the Griot's products now. Gave him a few things to try. Also gave him a card (with my number) for any future questions. He even said he may call for a detail! At any rate, I think I saved his cars paint somewhat. The MFs at Walmart are terrible.

Ted S.
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Did the interior of my s10, that's about it lately. Water restriction because of the drought have halted washings. Plus I've kinda been procrastinating with washes because I need a new wash media.

flyinion
07-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Happy Friday all. Going to have a semi-relaxed weekend. Going up north tomorrow to a friend's shop to install some Jeep parts and then maybe a quick trip off-road to test them out. Sunday is pretty much nothing. Thinking about doing a smoked tri-tip which I hear is a pretty amazing thing. Great thing is that it's WAY less work than a brisket I did last weekend and only takes a couple hours to do.

FUNX650
07-13-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/meetmarket.jpg

:D

Bob

NOTE: Hope your Friday, as well as your weekend, is enjoyable...And:
Make sure you: Kiss & Hug-On your Lady a little bit, too!!

dad07
07-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Happy Friday Alex!

been a up and down kinda of week....just coming off vacation I was ready to hammer down but Mother Nature said "Nope"

Heading out to dinner in a little bit, Mrs07"s Birthday is tommorow so we are going to celebrate tonight.....looks like Red Lobster was her choice and our son is going to meet us there, so a little family time,(very cool, it dosen't happen much)

tommorow is garden time....got a lot to do there,Mrs07 can't keep up with it.

Sunday is my time! Haven't been able to spend any time in the shop and my detailing supplies are lonely.......and so are our vehicals....they look like crap!

Have a great weekend everyone!

alko
07-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Happy Friday Alex!

I did my good detailing deed for the day.

Happy Friday Trent! Aww shucks...you get the good samaritan of the week award! I've actually done this twice here lately. Saw a woman totally clueless at Target and another at Wal-Mart. Its a pretty good feeling to know your knowledge has been passed on. Good job Trent!!!

Have a great weekend!

Did the interior of my s10, that's about it lately. Water restriction because of the drought have halted washings. Plus I've kinda been procrastinating with washes because I need a new wash media.

Dang...thats exactly why I held on to my ONR. I was at a point where I didn't like doing rinseless washes, but then I thought it might be a bad summer and we might have water restrictions. As far as the wash media, whatever you do, DO NOT get the adams synthetic wash pad. I used it twice and tossed it because even with scrubbing it against a grit guard, debris would not come out. I had to pick it out.

Happy Friday all. Going to have a semi-relaxed weekend. Going up north tomorrow to a friend's shop to install some Jeep parts and then maybe a quick trip off-road to test them out. Sunday is pretty much nothing. Thinking about doing a smoked tri-tip which I hear is a pretty amazing thing. Great thing is that it's WAY less work than a brisket I did last weekend and only takes a couple hours to do.

Happy Friday Charles! Have fun with the jeep. What are you installing? Whats up with the pics man?!?!?! ;)

I was cedar planking some salmon yesterday and thought how great it would be to smoke some brisket. I hope the tri-tip turns out good...same me some if it does LOL!!!

Have a great weekend my friend!

Bob

NOTE: Hope your Friday, as well as your weekend, is enjoyable...And:

Make sure you: Kiss & Hug-On your Lady a little bit, too!!

Happy Friday Bob!!! I like the pic LOL!!! And you made me want some steak now that I saw this LOL! I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th today.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend Bob!!!! Do something fun!

Happy Friday Alex!

been a up and down kinda of week....just coming off vacation I was ready to hammer down but Mother Nature said "Nope"

Heading out to dinner in a little bit, Mrs07"s Birthday is tommorow so we are going to celebrate tonight

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS07!!!!!!! Make Dad07 do EVERYTHING tomorrow, but give him the day off on Sunday please!!! Give him his "man time" LOL!!!

I bet it was hard to get back in work mode after having the week off huh?! I didn't go no where but had a nice 5 day weekend last week and it was still tough to get back on the grind. Hopefully next week won't be so bad.

Have a FANTASTIC weekend with the family Tim. Please tell Mrs07 I said happy birthday!

Ted S.
07-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Funny you mention ONR, I bought a 32 oz. of the previous version last year...have yet to actually do a waterless was even though I have plenty of MFs to do it more than properly. I've been using it to soften the wash water and as a clay lube. Love it for those two things. Only thing that ticks me is using it as a QD....I like my QDs to leave the surface slick, and piss could leave a slicker surface than ONR at QD dillution (last version at least). I prolly need to try the new version as a QD if I ever get some, but I'm leaning towad geting some Ultima eventually. And one day I will get a boars hair brush, just need to get out of this rut first.