PDA

View Full Version : Leather Product

Pages : [1] 2

DetaileRookie
07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
I just bought my first car with leather interior and i have no idea what product i should buy.

Any suggestions on what cleaner and conditioner i should buy? I have lexol now but the smell is plasticy and leaves streaks. This is even when spaying the conditioner on an applicator and wiping off the excess with a micro fiber towel.

rider9195
07-12-2012, 10:55 PM
I have had good results with the Chemical Guys Leather Combo, their Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner.

I also was impressed by Eco Touch Leather Care.

Buckskincolt
07-12-2012, 11:02 PM
I just tried the Detailer leather Cleaner and conditioner foam and ABSOLUTLY love it. Cleans really well leaves behind a nice protection and has a leather smell, good new product!:props:
Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, auto leather cleaner, car leather conditioner, best leather cleaner conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-leather-cleaner-conditioner.html)

tmoney82
07-13-2012, 06:34 AM
DP Total Interior Cleaner and DP Interior Surface Protectant come together for superior interior care. (http://www.autogeek.net/dptoinco.html)

Mothers VLR: Vinyl Leather Rubber Care, vinyl and rubber cleaner, leather cleaner, leather care, rubber care (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-vinyl-leather-rubber-care.html)

I've used these two and they work good!

oldgeek
07-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Just went through this myself.

Automotive leathers except for the most expensive cars are all now "coated leather" that is, they have a thin polyurethane coating on them. There is an ongoing discussion (argument) among experts as to whether leather conditioners do any good as they won't penetrate into the leather through the coating. Most recommend to simply use a good leather and vinyl cleaner when necessary.

DetaileRookie
07-22-2012, 03:47 PM
I just received Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner, and its amazing. Fixed some wrinkles, I dont know how, and it smells like real new leather. Leaves a nice matte finish and doesn't streak. I wish Autogeek would start selling it.

ScottB
07-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Automotive leather is coated (finished) and you should use products best designed for this .... LeatherMasters.

swanicyouth
07-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I think Lexol is pretty good, but you must buff it after it dries or it streaks badly. I've used that and Prima Nourish. The later is good if you want to add a little shine, it's not greasy once buffed. BMW also makes a good leather product, it's available at the dealers. If you want the leather to look like nothing at all is on it, get Ultima Interior Guard Plus. I use that on my leather steering wheel and plastics. Everyone into detailing should have that product. Optimum makes a leather protector. I have yet to try it, but everything they make is first class.

I bought Leather Master's Vital on the recommendation of the LM's guy at his booth during DF '12. The product makes the seats satiny and soft, but does it provide any protection??? Is protection needed?

DEXTERITY
07-22-2012, 04:54 PM
I like

Leatherique Prestine Clean
Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil

Pagani Zonda R
07-22-2012, 05:25 PM
I use Wolfgang Leather Cleaner and Conditioner (2 different bottles), superb!

drewberg11
07-22-2012, 06:38 PM
I use Wolfgang Leather Cleaner and Conditioner (2 different bottles), superb!

I have these as well and really like them. The cleaner has a great scent and after wiping the cleaner off, there is no residue left over. Nice and smooth. Downside is I have beige interior and sometimes the WG lacks the bite to get some of the dirt out.

When the seats get bad, I've moved on to pinnacle leather and vinyl cleaner. More bite than WG in my opinion. Downside, if the cleaner dries it leaves the surface tacky. So I'll try to apply a little more product and wipe down with a damp cloth (water) afterwards.

For conditioner I really like the WG. I have coated leather, but it is certainly softer after letting the conditioner sit for 15mins before wiping down. My gf notices it being softer even when she's unaware I cleaned.

nrsk4u
07-22-2012, 06:54 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Opimum yet......that's got my vote!

gportiz
07-22-2012, 07:46 PM
I used Griot's Garage Leather Care today on my car and love the results. Leather looks great, smells great, and does not feel greasy. I've used Lexol in the past but prefer the Griot's.

Detail-Impressions
07-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Poorboy's leather stuff or Chemical Guys leather cleaner/conditioner. I apply is the heat of the day.

dad07
07-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Optimum......OPC to clean (if really soiled) then OPP to protect. You can use OPP(Otimum Protectant Plus) as a cleaner and protectant for lightly soiled leather.

Also Mothers VRL is a great OTC option.