PDA

View Full Version : Stains in Velour Seats ( 2010 Corolla )

Ashlee@ADTR_MD
07-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Hey everyone,

Need some help here! I steamed the seats of a 2010 Corolla S, apparently stains didn't come all the way out. I used Folex and agitated areas with brush, terry cloth etc. Customer said stains are still there. Is there any other product or rotation I should be doing? Going over there again today to see what else I can do... Please help me out !!

Thanks and Happy Detailing! :)

A-train
07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Duragloss 451 Velour and carpet cleaner or Sprayway Auto Care Velour Shampoo. I've only used the 451 but have heard good things about the Sprayway brand.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

rider9195
07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Ashlee, try this method.

Vacuum, spray Folex on spots, agitate, steam, re vacuum to take out the grime. Then repeat that if necessary. It has worked for me recently.

richy
07-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Try the a/m method as you have everything on hand you need already. I've used the DG product too with good results. (Dude...you need a steamer, LOL).

Ashlee@ADTR_MD
07-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Awesome! Thanks guys!! I will be looking into the duragloss for sure! And I will try the vac agitate steam method! I hope this does the trick!!! :/

Mike Phillips
07-12-2012, 10:52 AM
If you can, take some before and after pictures...

:xyxthumbs:

Ashlee@ADTR_MD
07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Most definitely!! I'm still learning how to work the camera haha but I'll take a bunch. Lol

cleanmycorolla
07-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I have the same car, I use APC (optimum or megs) for most duties. If not I use Folex or Spot Shot. They seem to take heavy dirt and crud out after my dog jumps in the back seat after his visit to the park!

edit: forgot I agitate with a brush or microfiber, I will then pull out the wet dry vac and give it a good vaccuum, usually that does the trick.

kmsdetailing
07-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I just invested in the MYTEE 100 and just tried it out. Once I let the water drain, it was disgusting to see. It was all brown and dark.

If the hot water extractor is not practical yet, I purchased a steamer for about $120.00 and will use that to speed things up. I will also use it to do some engine detailing.

The Detailer's Pro makes a great pre extractor spray. I sprayed it on several stains and let it sit for five minutes, as recommended, and then agitated with a brush and hot water. Worked great.

Good luck.

Mobile detail
07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
A guy at the body shop used mineral spirts on a stain on his honda. He did it right in front of me. It was after I steamed and extracted his seats and these red stains wouldn't come up. Holy crap it actually worked. I was beyond scared and couldn't believe it. Sufice to say, try it with caution and test a hidden spot first but damn if it didn't take that red/orange stain right out. I dunno

Ashlee@ADTR_MD
07-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Awesomeeee!!! I love all the replies guys!! I definetly appreciate all of you posting! I did a few passes on seat again today. With a a/m above. Rotation was Folex let sit for a minute then agitated then steamed lastly vaccummed and repeated these steps. Stains seemed to have come out but seat was still a wee bit damp so let it sit and dry up a bit from sun didn't see any stains still!! Hopefully this method worked and this nightmare staining is GONE! Oh, I took photos aswell. Will post as in the am sometime :) thanks again everyone! :) you all are my Hero's hehe!