PDA

View Full Version : Polishing diamond plate.

ALLN1WASH
07-11-2012, 07:17 PM
How's it going AG? Ive got ? For all of you guys and gals out there with experience polishing diamond plate. Ive just got finished polishing a trailer loaded with diamond plate material up front. Initially started with a flitz ball and the flitz polish. Thus combo worked well but I was limited to power of my drill and felt like the process could be faster with an actual aluminum polishing kit and the rotary and this is how I proceeded to finish the job.

My ? Is what if anything do y'all suggest using as a final wipe down. I can definitely see a difference in before and after but I still feel like I should be able to get MORE of a POP. please let me know what you all think.

The products I've been using are m105 and m205. Should I have been using the red/black/white compounding brick which came with the polishing kit?

Vegas Transplant
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
How's it going AG? Ive got ? For all of you guys and gals out there with experience polishing diamond plate. Ive just got finished polishing a trailer loaded with diamond plate material up front. Initially started with a flitz ball and the flitz polish. Thus combo worked well but I was limited to power of my drill and felt like the process could be faster with an actual aluminum polishing kit and the rotary and this is how I proceeded to finish the job. This is where you lost me

My ? Is what if anything do y'all suggest using as a final wipe down. I can definitely see a difference in before and after but I still feel like I should be able to get MORE of a POP. please let me know what you all think. before final wipedown, use a loose cotton buff on the rotary.

The products I've been using are m105 and m205. Should I have been using the red/black/white compounding brick which came with the polishing kit?

I have no clue what kit you're talking about...finish with a loose cotton buffing wheel.

If you are referring to greaseless, and, went from Flitz polish to the "brick", I would go white for mirror shine.
My two cents hand.