PDA

View Full Version : Optimum 11 or hyper

Pages : [1] 2

Largebore
07-11-2012, 06:38 AM
I am about ready to try some Optimum polishes as I am hearing great things about them.

I have noticed that they make Hyper Polish and non hyper polish which is noted by the roman numbers II.

Are the hyper polishes all sprays vs. the non hypers being typical liquids?

Does one version work better than the other ?

Perfections
07-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Good question and you are correct the hypers are sprays while the others are traditional liquids. And you can't go wrong with either.

RhetoricMixes
07-11-2012, 11:40 AM
While I havent tried the liquid version I will be using the Hyper Polish as soon as my weather clears up in my area. Ive read good things on it also and cant wait to use it.

dougaross
07-11-2012, 11:44 AM
I never ordered hyper because I have not had much success using OPT spray compounds and a number of people complained about the spray polish. I like Polish II and Finish

BMW
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
I like the hyper "liquid' polishes...low dust and long work time as well as quite easy to prime the pad with the spray.

RaskyR1
07-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I have them all and the newer Hyper Spray polish is probably what I use most. The newer sprayers work like a champ too compared to the old ones. I usually let the paint decide which I use though....

604_Snooze
07-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Which newer sprayers are they using now?
My opt hyper compound always clog

RaskyR1
07-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Which newer sprayers are they using now?
My opt hyper compound always clog

Not sure what's different about them but the one a purchased a little over a month ago has worked flawlessly with a very nice spray pattern. Next time I'm at the shop I'll try and snap pics of the old and new....or maybe Chris will just chime in. ;)

Chris Thomas
07-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Everyone seems to get mixed results with the sprayers. Mine have always worked fine and if they clog, I just take them apart and wash the parts in warm soapy water then I'm back in business. Dr. Olds contributed that when he is finished for the day, he unscrews the sprayer and pumps the trigger while aiming the nozzle into the bottle. That's a great tip that will prevent it from drying in the tip if you don't use it often. It does need to be shaken well initially and a little between panels.

Benziez
10-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Everyone seems to get mixed results with the sprayers. Mine have always worked fine and if they clog, I just take them apart and wash the parts in warm soapy water then I'm back in business. Dr. Olds contributed that when he is finished for the day, he unscrews the sprayer and pumps the trigger while aiming the nozzle into the bottle. That's a great tip that will prevent it from drying in the tip if you don't use it often. It does need to be shaken well initially and a little between panels.

Hi Chris... Do you have to prime the pad with a pad conditioner when using hyper polish?

Vegas Transplant
10-28-2012, 08:38 AM
You don't have to, but you may choose to depending on conditions.

Chris Thomas
10-28-2012, 10:49 AM
I prefer to prime with product. Actually working some into the pad with my fingers initially.

Sent from my IPhone

Benziez
10-28-2012, 11:34 PM
You don't have to, but you may choose to depending on conditions.

I prefer to prime with product. Actually working some into the pad with my fingers initially.

Sent from my IPhone

thanks for the info... guys... deeply appreciated....:props:

richy
10-29-2012, 12:40 AM

Sent from my IPhone
I do the same. I intend on trying some Hyper Compound soon. I love the Hyper Polish!

Benziez
10-30-2012, 12:37 AM

Sent from my IPhone

Chris, is it possible to use ONR as a pad conditioner?