PDA

View Full Version : new guy needs advice

med
04-04-2007, 07:41 PM
1st post started so I figured I would ask here. I'm sure everybody has there own products they like.

What should I get in terms of polishes, glaze and waxes anybody offer a kit or is it all personal preferance?

I'm getting the Edge2K kit and the PC and all kinds of other stuff. Man I blew my budget by two fold!!:cheers:

What do I use to cover up (or protect) black plastic fender flares that are on a painted fenders?

Thanks

Gary Sword
04-04-2007, 07:58 PM
It don't sound like you have any money left to spend. Poorboy's Natty's Blue is a great wax for the money.

Nica
04-04-2007, 08:03 PM
First of all welcome to AG, now the products well there are lots of products you can use. I have the XMT line up and I like it. Very easy to use and gives great results. As for wax, it all depends on the color of the vehicle.

Truls
04-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Think you guys "over there" use blue painters tape..

As goes for wax, polish etc, its a jungle out there, got faith in the new XMT 360 (at AG shop 9 april) most of the DuraGloss line is bucks well spent, DG 101 and 105 is "must have" DG aquawax also. The XMT line up 1, 2, 3 is also a great swirl remover.

You have probably already read many post, but that is a great way to find the "right" stuff....Read and spend med, budget is to be broken;)

Welcome

FloridaNative
04-04-2007, 08:25 PM
1st post started so I figured I would ask here. I'm sure everybody has there own products they like.

What should I get in terms of polishes, glaze and waxes anybody offer a kit or is it all personal preferance?

I'm getting the Edge2K kit and the PC and all kinds of other stuff. Man I blew my budget by two fold!!:cheers:

What do I use to cover up (or protect) black plastic fender flares that are on a painted fenders?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums. :) For polishes you can't go wrong with the XMT line, DP, Optimum or Poorboys.

As for the rest, what is the look you are striving for?? Are you looking for high gloss and shine?? You might want to look at the sealants. Are you looking for warmth and depth, then a good carnauba would be more to your taste. Wolfgang, UPP, and DP all make excellent sealants. For the waxes, it helps to know the color of your car. Do you have metal flakes or is your paint a solid color?? Some great wax choices would be DP's Max Wax, Poorboy's Natty's or the king of the hill Souveran. As for glaze, I love the XMT. It's my favorite glaze to work with. It brings out the color and wets the paint and makes it ready for your wax. :)

orngez
04-04-2007, 08:49 PM

Thanks

as far as polishes...stick with one of the main brands...xmt or poorboys are a fav...wax- pb natty blue is a good all around wax, souveran is considered one of the holy grail of waxes ....glaze - most people skip this step and it shows as only a few glazes are even sold...protect the plastic flares with 3m blue painters tape...or just dress them just a little heavy before starting and the polish and wax will wipe right off...or just skip all of this and get Poorboys polish w/sealant or the new xmt 360 thats coming out...

med
04-05-2007, 05:44 AM
It don't sound like you have any money left to spend. Poorboy's Natty's Blue is a great wax for the money.
Thanks for that reply it really helped.:rolleyes:

med
04-05-2007, 05:55 AM
Think you guys "over there" use blue painters tape..

What the heck does that mean?? Looks like I'll just read and troll around. Great forum so far.:confused:

ScottB
04-05-2007, 06:13 AM
We offer a Poorboys kit with or without buffer, it comes with everything need for paint care except car wash. And some Poorboys Trim Restorer for bumpers, and you are rocking !!

med
04-05-2007, 02:46 PM
We offer a Poorboys kit with or without buffer, it comes with everything need for paint care except car wash. And some Poorboys Trim Restorer for bumpers, and you are rocking !!
Thanks for your help!!:applause:

AL417
04-05-2007, 02:50 PM
What the heck does that mean?? Looks like I'll just read and troll around. Great forum so far.:confused:

Welcome! Don't be confused by Truls response; he's from Norway. He was trying to help you with your question knowing that here in the U.S. we use painters tape to protect areas maybe they don't use tape in Norway. Please keep posting and asking questions, it's the best way to learn. It's all good.