PDA

View Full Version : Which Opitmum Polishes for a DA?

Buckskincolt
07-10-2012, 09:39 PM
So which Optimum polishes do you guys suggest for a DA polisher?

The Compound II and Polish II, or the Hyper Compund and Hyper Polish? Do any of these polishes need the third step of the Optimum finish polish? Did they ever release the spray finish polish or is that the GPS finish Glaze?

Never been disappointed in anything Optimum and am thinking I want to give some of their polishes a shot.

Thanks for your thoughts!

builthatch
07-10-2012, 09:53 PM
So which Optimum polishes do you guys suggest for a DA polisher?

The Compound II and Polish II, or the Hyper Compund and Hyper Polish? Do any of these polishes need the third step of the Optimum finish polish? Did they ever release the spray finish polish or is that the GPS finish Glaze?

Never been disappointed in anything Optimum and am thinking I want to give some of their polishes a shot.

Thanks for your thoughts!

both sprays (polish and compound) are amazing; i prefer my DA over my makita and use these exclusively. what i like the most is you can adjust the result with the pad - the polish will finish perfectly with most pads, especially as you venture into the white/green territory (or whatever the latest equivalent is) but offer FAST cut up to that point, particularly with white, orange, etc. the sprays seem expensive but honestly you use so little because of optimum priming techniques available with the spray consistency and bottle nozzle and, on top of that, they are designed to have extremely long working times.

i use nothing else at this point with the exception of poli-seal, which is usually reserved for opti-coat leveling, etc.

Buckskincolt
07-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Bump .... Any other optimum polish users out there?

RhetoricMixes
07-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Seems to be quite the talk about these polishes this morning :) . Like i said in the other thread i am just now venturing into Optimum polish territory and just received my Hyper Polish the other day. Cant wait to use it and but to be on topic I will be testing it with orange and white LC pads along with hydro tech pads.

Chris Thomas
07-11-2012, 08:56 PM
I like them both very much and don't use either exclusively. I suppose it comes down to your preference of sprays vs pastes. Some hate the sprayer but others love it. The pastes cut and finish great and work quite along time without dust. We have sample sizes if you want to try them both and decide for yourself. AG has the pastes in 8oz and you can PM me for sample sizes of the sprays as we don't offer them commercially.

Hyper Polish finishes very nice with the proper pad and we don't have a finish spray because we were shooting for a two step system. Just switch to a finishing pad and keep using Hyper polish if you need a third step on soft paints.

You could use GPS as a finisher, but it would not be suitable pre coating.

Chris Thomas
07-12-2012, 12:01 PM
I need to clarify about the sample sizes: We make Poli Seal, Metal Polish, Polish II, and Compound II in 8oz sizes.

Optimum Polishes 3 Pack, build you own kit, Optimum car polishes, compound, finishing polish (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-polishes-3pack.html)

And we have 4oz Hyper sample sizes available direct

But...these are sample "sizes" and not "free samples." I'm sorry for any confusion my post may have caused.