PDA

View Full Version : comments on my logo, critics welcome!

I-car
07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
3d version

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/ah_suknat/logo3d.jpg

flat version

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/ah_suknat/logo.jpg

I-car
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
or this?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/ah_suknat/logoplus.jpg

alko
07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
out of the three I like the 3D one the best because I feel it has more life. I like the fact that "Norman's" kinda jumps out at you. It looks good!

Eddie 70
07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
All 3 look good but I will have to agree, the 3D version looks best.

Ray@Autogeek
07-10-2012, 10:46 AM
I like all three, but the 3D version the best. I like how the light direction is correct on everything in your logo. Usually you'll find logos with the light 'reflection' coming from one angle, and the shadows contradicting the light source. Whoever made this for you, it was not their first time. Well made :xyxthumbs:

I-car
07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I made this logo myself using microsoft words :D
its easy if you play around with text effects

wgilles
07-10-2012, 11:25 AM
3d.

Pretty damn good for Word haha. I like it, it has a nostalgic feel to it.

Gurge
07-12-2012, 03:32 PM
May want to reduce the number of colors to make things easy in the future? I see white, black, light blue, dark blue. this may be tough if you want to put the logos on stuff like t-shirts or promo items. just something to consider.

I just recently ordered promo 'stadium cups' and the cost increased quite a bit the more colors you had in the logo. So my 3 color logo (blue black white) was reduced to one color (all white)

when I got my t-shirts it cost more because multiple screens had to be made to handle the variety of colors i was working with

Mobile Detailer
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I like the 3D one the best. On a side note, do you detail as well? I would try to add that in as well, if you detail. I say that because the customers mindset between the two is totally different. Someone looking for car wash usually won't be inclined to pay more than $30 -$50 for any services. Where as someone looking for detailing usually knows what they are getting themselves into.

Sorry for the long response. It's just that I started out calling myself a Mobile Car Wash, but I really wanted the details. It was hard going from wash to detail with customers.

Good Luck!

DEXTERITY
07-12-2012, 03:40 PM
3d version with the darker color blue of this one

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...t/logoplus.jpg

at least until I see the 3d version with the darker blue :)

mhphoto
07-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I tend to like the flatter version of any logo. Something about a 3D logo that' not really 3D that seems a bit cheap to me. They're both well down though.

I-car
07-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I like the 3D one the best. On a side note, do you detail as well? I would try to add that in as well, if you detail. I say that because the customers mindset between the two is totally different. Someone looking for car wash usually won't be inclined to pay more than $30 -$50 for any services. Where as someone looking for detailing usually knows what they are getting themselves into.

Sorry for the long response. It's just that I started out calling myself a Mobile Car Wash, but I really wanted the details. It was hard going from wash to detail with customers.

Good Luck!
at the moment I am focusing on just doing car wash, but would like to offer detailing service in the future after my car wash business picking up, my arguement is that its easier to get customer who wanted just a wash than a detailing service, so If I can get alot of customers contacts from car wash, I can up sell my detailing service to them later.

magna_power
07-14-2012, 06:04 PM
I looked at this on my phone. The flat one was much clearer. The white around the name helps (I.e. the second 3D one). As a previous poster said, 3D can look tacky at times.

Also consider where you want to put it and what size it will be. If it's going to be small I'd go 2D, but if it will be a banner across your website, 3D may be the way to go. I'd keep/use both maybe. That is, the 2D for small things, like business cards.

Looks great though!

rustytruck
07-14-2012, 06:36 PM
It looks good. My wife is a graphic designer(she did all my stuff) she could talk to you a lot better than I can about this stuff, but I know word isn't a graphics program once you want to actually do something with that logo like send it to a print shop it will probably need more work. Mr sparkle hit on some of the issues you will face when it gets to the printer.

D.Acker
07-14-2012, 09:26 PM
All look good, but as many have stated I like the 3d one the best!