PDA

View Full Version : What you like to see for a Live Broadcast?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mike Phillips
07-10-2012, 09:45 AM
What you like to see for a Live Broadcast?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1436/1965Plymouth030.jpg

Just throwing this out there, what kind of car detailing projects would you guys like to see during our Thursday Night Clinics?

I have all kinds of cool cars available to me to choose from and I tend to choose cars that fit the description of "Eye Candy". So a silver Honda Accord doesn't normally get selected.

That said, if everyone wants to see normal, daily drivers getting detailed, or say brand new cars, we can do it.

How about some input? Reply to this thread with a topic, process, procedure or type of car you would like to see during our Thursday Night Live Feeds.

Thanks...

Feed back please

Waxy
07-10-2012, 09:53 AM
eye candy "AutoGeek" girls..........

alko
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Just throwing things out there and I'm sure these have been done:

Hand wet sanding-up close and personal-with a high def camera
Polishing with M105/205 via hand, DA, AND rotary-explaining the process of grit selection, etc.
Jeweling the paint with Ultrafina or PO85RD

I haven't watch many detailing sessions, but from what I've seen, I'd suggest having someone walk around with a camera capturing different aspects of the clinic.

M64
07-10-2012, 10:28 AM
I've been watching the one with the 2 Camaro's. I'm about half way through and I haven't seen anyone cleaning pads while they working? was this done off camera or did I just miss it completely?

The play back isn't constant, can almost see every frame. could this be fixed or is it due to the live streaming of the video?

Calibmw23
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I'd like to see some brand new cars, maybe like some BMW's, Mercedes, Audi...etc.... How to go about protecting them from the start

TheCougarGuy
07-10-2012, 10:37 AM
I'd like to see some really neglected cars in both single stage and base/clear.

tkendrick
07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Like everyone, I like to see great sports cars highlighted by eye popping colors, however I'm most interested in the products used.

I'd like to see four star ultimate, chemical guys, poorboys. I like to see the results before a purchase.

davidc11291
07-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd like to see trashed, abused daily drivers in order to get closer to my real life working conditions.

davidc11291
07-10-2012, 11:07 AM
I'd also like to see full detail videos. They'd have to be broken up into sections, but I'd like to see every single detail in bringing a trashed DD back to life. I'd especially like to see a complete vid of someone buffing out a car with a da. It would be beneficial to see all the little details of every movement they make.

Audi X2
07-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I'd like to see some brand new cars, maybe like some BMW's, Mercedes, Audi...etc.... How to go about protecting them from the start

I'd like to see trashed, abused daily drivers in order to get closer to my real life working conditions.

:iagree: On both of these

Mike Phillips
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Great suggestions, keep them coming!

I'd like to see some really neglected cars in both single stage and base/clear.

We've done these, just not with the live broadcast, remember we've only done 4 live broadcasts to date plus the one coming up this Thursday.

Here's a wiped out clear coated car...

1959 Chevrolet El Camino - Extreme Makeover - Modeled by Christina (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-autogeek-s-car-week/44228-1959-chevrolet-el-camino-extreme-makeover-modeled-christina.html)

Here's a wiped out single stage car...

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air - Remove Swirls - Modeled by Kristin (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-autogeek-s-car-week/42954-1957-chevrolet-bel-air-remove-swirls-modeled-kristin.html)

Great suggestions, we've done these to, but again, just not with live broadcast, remember this car?

Dodge Neon Extreme Makeover with Dodo Juice (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/31073-dodge-neon-extreme-makeover-dodo-juice.html)

I'd also like to see full detail videos. They'd have to be broken up into sections, but I'd like to see every single detail in bringing a trashed DD back to life.

Keep in mind we're limited to approximately 3 hours. This means we could show wetsanding and buffing out a hood, but not an entire car. Make sense? Of course we could do it in segments.

I'd especially like to see a complete vid of someone buffing out a car with a da. It would be beneficial to see all the little details of every movement they make.

You just described the first video I ever made where Richard Lin and I took a thrashed black 1960 Corvette and showed how to detail it from beginning to end. It is the first video of its type and I don't think it's ever been duplicated.

Just throwing things out there and I'm sure these have been done:

Hand wet sanding-up close and personal-with a high def camera
Polishing with M105/205 via hand, DA, AND rotary-explaining the process of grit selection, etc.
Jeweling the paint with Ultrafina or PO85RD

I haven't watch many detailing sessions, but from what I've seen, I'd suggest having someone walk around with a camera capturing different aspects of the clinic.

The above could all be done, I've already done it in articles but we could do it in video format.

I've been watching the one with the 2 Camaro's. I'm about half way through and I haven't seen anyone cleaning pads while they working? was this done off camera or did I just miss it completely?

The play back isn't constant, can almost see every frame. could this be fixed or is it due to the live streaming of the video?

We tend to do two things during Thursday night clinics,

Rush the project due to time limits
Have a lot of Newbies

I can and will slow down the rushing portion but we always want new people to be part of the program. I do show people how to clean pads via brushes, spurs, terry cloth towels and pad washers, it's just not always seen on video. I'm pretty sure on the Camaro video I do show how to clean your pad on the fly, double check and let me know if you find it.

I'll be sure to show pad cleaning this Thursday during the live feed.

I can get brand new cars, like Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, Mercedes-Benz, etc. Heck I can get Ferrari's if you want to see that... could sure use a lift to get them off the ground a little bit though otherwise you're always bending over to work on them.

Like everyone, I like to see great sports cars highlighted by eye popping colors, however I'm most interested in the products used.

I'd like to see four star ultimate, chemical guys, poorboys. I like to see the results before a purchase.

I'm a big fan of showcasing, (and that's the word, showcasing), all the different brands we carry.

Keep in mind, in the last two live broadcasts we used,

Mothers on the gold 1967 Camaro
Meguiar's on the 1970 Mustang
Blackfire on the 1965 A.C. Cobra

I'd have to go back and look to see what we used during the other live broadcasts. For the other cars we've used for Thursday Nights we've used,

Dodo Juice
Optimum
Cquarts with Wolfgang
Pinnacle
Prima

I can also get boats and motorcycles, heck even motorhomes...

Please keep the suggestions coming.

:dblthumb2:

DonMTV
07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I would love to see a side project kinda of thing like restoring/polishing 3-piece forged wheels. Similar to your aluminum wheel makeover. I know you used the Flitz 1500 pads, and then you polished with a rotary. What about using rouge and cotton wheels to a mirror finish? I did my wheels 2 years ago, but need to do them again.

Don

Mike Phillips
07-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I would love to see a side project kinda of thing like restoring/polishing 3-piece forged wheels. Similar to your aluminum wheel makeover. I know you used the Flitz 1500 pads, and then you polished with a rotary. What about using rouge and cotton wheels to a mirror finish? I did my wheels 2 years ago, but need to do them again.

Don

Just by coincidence, I have a new-to-me set of aluminum slotted mags that need to be completely polished for a chrome-like finish.

:D

Detail-Impressions
07-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I would like to suggest:

Pick your eye candy brand new car or truck and teach the average everyday owner what is needed to be done to achieve a show room or better shine.

I think this may attract more fist time detail people to become interested.

Mike Phillips
07-10-2012, 01:19 PM
I would like to suggest:

Pick your eye candy brand new car or truck and teach the average everyday owner what is needed to be done to achieve a show room or better shine.

I think this may attract more fist time detail people to become interested.

Had this exact scenario with a guy that bought his wife a brand new black Dodge Hemi Challenger.

They wanted to know how to keep the black paint looking good.

:xyxthumbs: