PDA

View Full Version : Package finally arrived

Chase.Barnett
07-09-2012, 09:29 PM
The brown truck FINALLY came by today and left me a little (big) box..

Shipping was fast on AG's part, but I swear that UPS is banned from my life after this. It should not take 10 calendar days to ship from Palm Beach to Houston. Utterly unacceptable IMHO, and I'm furious that my package sat in Dallas from Thursday until last night.

The box arrived and it was packed very well. I don't understand how we have gone without rain as long as we have and the day that my package arrives is the beginning of a 10 day forecast of nothing but rain... Go figure.

I still managed to squeeze half of my car into the garage (despite having no room due to all the work we have going on). I cleaned the hood and got to playing. It was so easy to use the pc and the wg swirl remover that I thought I was doing it wrong. Nope, swirls were gone within a few section passes. The only thing that remains is the hundreds of little cracks in the paint on the hood of my 32 month old Civic Si. Honda's paint is horrible, the clear coat fading in several spots on the roof and trunk, the paint is cracking on the hood and paint is coming off of my front bumper. Talk about sickening...

With the exception of Honda's paint failing me (and many others after a little Internet research), it's still a beautiful color and it was incredibly easy to get the swirls out of the hood.

I cant wait to tackle the entire car once the weather clears up, but so far so good!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

DEXTERITY
07-09-2012, 09:37 PM
my wife's has an accord, her rear bumper has paint cracking as well.. how the hell do I even fix that.. sorry to stray off topic.. can't wait for my recent order to arrive as well.

Toy_Cam_Ed
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Awesome. Can you list everything you bought?

rider9195
07-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Nice order Chase! I know Autogeek offers shipping through UPS, USPS, and FedEx.

mwoolfso
07-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Nice pull!

Chase.Barnett
07-09-2012, 11:50 PM
my wife's has an accord, her rear bumper has paint cracking as well.. how the hell do I even fix that.. sorry to stray off topic.. can't wait for my recent order to arrive as well.

I'm in the garage working on it now. I'm just not able to get all defects out. Trim on the bottom of the car is flimsy as if the glue is wearing off and I have paint missing all over the front bumper. I'm going to Honda in the next few days. I want them to repaint the front bumper, hood, roof and trunk lid of my 32 month old car. This is just unexceptable.

Other than that, I'm having a blast! I went and bought dual halogen work lights tonight at Walmart so I have plenty of light. I'm getting swirls out, I just wish I could make the crappy Honda paint look brand new again and get what few scratches out that I have.

I purchased the PC and 6 LC CCS Pads, Bucket and Grit Guard, Wolfgang Swirl Remover, Glaze and paint sealant. Collinite 845, Aerospace 303 vinyl and trim protector, CG New Car Scent Spray (absolutely love this) and pad detergent.

I have a bottle of XMT 360 that is coming in tomorrow as well.

If honda doesn't repaint this car, Im sure I can put most of this to good use on a new Genesis Coupe, BRZ or a new WRX in the next few months assuming I don't go to jail for breaking a honda rep's knee-caps with a bat.

swanicyouth
07-10-2012, 12:53 AM
If honda doesn't repaint this car, Im sure I can put most of this to good use on a new Genesis Coupe, BRZ or a new WRX in the next few months assuming I don't go to jail for breaking a honda rep's knee-caps with a bat.

If your looking at a new car and looking to spend that type of money and like to keep your car looking nice, why not consider a German car? The exact problem your stating is the reason I initially got away from Japanese cars. The finish on my last Japanese car I owned and bought new (a Toyota) was so poor, I traded it in after a year, went with BMW and never looked back. After a few months of ownership, the paint was peeling of the car front and rear. Dealer "fixed it", but it still peeled. I do still have a Nissan Pathfinder I bought used and got a great deal on, but I just think for the most part, the finish quality and interior material quality of most German cars vrs most Japanese cars is far superior. Luckily, the finish on the Pathfinder is in excellent shape for being 10 years old and I was able to correct it to a fairly high standard. However, the paint is fairly thin on the vehicle, good think it's now OptiCoated. To me, someone who enjoys keeping their cars to as close to brand new looking as possible, the German car finishes seem much more durable and easier to work with.

Chase.Barnett
07-10-2012, 01:55 AM
If your looking at a new car and looking to spend that type of money and like to keep your car looking nice, why not consider a German car? The exact problem your stating is the reason I initially got away from Japanese cars. The finish on my last Japanese car I owned and bought new (a Toyota) was so poor, I traded it in after a year, went with BMW and never looked back. After a few months of ownership, the paint was peeling of the car front and rear. Dealer "fixed it", but it still peeled. I do still have a Nissan Pathfinder I bought used and got a great deal on, but I just think for the most part, the finish quality and interior material quality of most German cars vrs most Japanese cars is far superior. Luckily, the finish on the Pathfinder is in excellent shape for being 10 years old and I was able to correct it to a fairly high standard. However, the paint is fairly thin on the vehicle, good think it's now OptiCoated. To me, someone who enjoys keeping their cars to as close to brand new looking as possible, the German car finishes seem much more durable and easier to work with.

The only thing keeping me from a German car is the money. I'm an EMT and I'm starting Paramedic school on the 30th. So I'm far from making big bucks, but the satisfaction I get from my job makes up for it.

It just seems that Honda has cheap paint. I love the Si. It's a total blast for what's under the hood and I was planning to build it starting next year since I just hit 60k, but all that now depends on what Honda is willing to do about this. If they refuse, the car will be getting traded within a few months. I refuse to drive a car when the paint is peeling off after not even 3 years fom the time of delivery.

Whatever I get next will get detailed the first weekend I have it and opticoat applied.

In the mean time, I just have to figure out how to deal with Honda and consider my options.