PDA

View Full Version : Simple Green

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
04-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Went to home depot today to check out there sale on halogen light set ups and saw SIMPLE GREEN on sale........1.99 each......bought 3.... never used it before but hear raves about it here......

ANY TIPS ON WHERE AND HOW TO USE IT???????????:confused:

trhland
04-04-2007, 05:35 PM
works great on rims and tires just dilute with water.

budman3
04-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Be careful with it... it can possible stain your wheels. Do not use on bare aluminum. It does do a good job diluted but it can be some potent stuff.

ltoman
04-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Be careful with it... it can possible stain your wheels. Do not use on bare aluminum. It does do a good job diluted but it can be some potent stuff.

eww..
think I will be skipping that!

BILL
04-04-2007, 05:41 PM

ITS IN A 32 OZ CONCENTRATED SPRAY BOTTLE.......DILUTE WHAT RATIO??????

trhland
04-04-2007, 05:47 PM
ITS IN A 32 OZ CONCENTRATED SPRAY BOTTLE.......DILUTE WHAT RATIO??????i personaly havnt used it but have know it works great on rims and tires.from what ive heard not sure what ratio to dilute it. i dont want to take a guess. i use this other all purpose heavy duty cleaner and i mix that 3 to 1 with water 1part cleaner 2 parts water. not sure if simple green is stronger or not. i think justin uses it he might chime in to give you further asistance . sorry i cant be more helpfull

BILL
04-04-2007, 05:49 PM
i personaly havnt used it but have know it works great on rims and tires.from what ive heard not sure what ratio to dilute it. i dont want to take a guess. i use this other all purpose heavy duty cleaner and i mix that 3 to 1 with water 1part cleaner 2 parts water. not sure if simple green is stronger or not. i think justin uses it he might chime in to give you further asistance . sorry i cant be more helpfull

THANKS......Ill just wait till i know how and where to use .tires and rims are a good start......:)

budman3
04-04-2007, 05:52 PM
I've used it a lot in the past with various dilutions. I can't remember for sure but it was anywhere from 2:1 to 4:1 water:SG. I stopped using it because I heard about the possibility of staining metals... so now I use products that are made for each specific application, ie- Wheel cleaner, tire cleaners, engine degreaser etc. instead of taking the risk with SG.

Al-53
04-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Bill...here is a dilution page for SG uses...

http://www.simplegreen.com/pdfs/06_dilutions_consumer.pdf

Al

BILL
04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Bill...here is a dilution page for SG uses...

http://www.simplegreen.com/pdfs/06_dilutions_consumer.pdf

Al

WOW!!!!!!! Many uses ....thanks.........:cheers:

BlackCoupe
04-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Went to home depot today to check out there sale on halogen light set ups and saw SIMPLE GREEN on sale........1.99 each......bought 3.... never used it before but hear raves about it here......

ANY TIPS ON WHERE AND HOW TO USE IT???????????:confused:

From the Simple Green Website:

Aluminum - Is it safe to use Simple Green on aluminum?
Simple Green products have been successfully and safely used on aircraft, automotive, industrial and consumer aluminum items for over 20 years. However, caution and common sense must be used: Aluminum is a soft metal that easily corrodes with unprotected exposure to water. The aqueous-base and alkalinity of Simple Green or Crystal Simple Green can accelerate the corrosion process. Therefore, contact times of All-Purpose Simple Green and Crystal Simple Green with unprotected or unpainted aluminum surfaces should be kept as brief as the job will allow - never for more than 10 minutes. Large cleaning jobs should be conducted in smaller-area stages to achieve lower contact time. Rinsing after cleaning should always be extremely thorough - paying special attention to flush out cracks and crevices to remove all Simple Green/Crystal Simple Green residues. Unfinished, uncoated or unpainted aluminum cleaned with Simple Green products should receive some sort of protectant after cleaning to prevent oxidation.

Personally, I use alternatives.

ScottB
04-04-2007, 06:14 PM
wont use it ... and suggest you use it carefully at best !!

BILL
04-04-2007, 06:14 PM
With all the uses this stuff is good for...i'll surely find it a home..........

BILL
04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
wont use it ... and suggest you use it carefully at best !!

I will and thanks.....;)

Nuke33
04-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Make sure you rinse it well or it may turn white