PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO and now it's raining

FlawlessMustang
07-09-2012, 11:08 AM
My plan was to apply a second coat of AIO following yesterday's detailing then apply the first coat of Sealant Glaze. I finished up the second coat of AIO, ate, and then it started pouring outside. I have the car inside a building right now. I'm wondering if it would be safe to drive home in the rain, wash it in the morning then apply the sealant glaze? I figured it wouldn't be appropriate to apply the sealant glaze then drive home in the rain since it needs time to cure. I just wanted your opinions if it will be fine to drive home with only the AIO applied then wash it in the morning and apply the sealant glaze?

Klasse Act
07-09-2012, 01:00 PM
That's not a problem to do at all, I mean you used KAIO twice, so its plenty clean and has a little protection on it already, its not like its going to wear off that quickly. Just do a good wash and dry and then apply KSG thinly, one panel at a time and your good to go. I use a nice MF pad and 1 or 2 squirts across the pad is more than enough to do a section at a time. I've always found that its the 2nd coat of KSG that really gives your car the "pop" your looking for, so 12 hrs later, wipe the car down with a good QD and apply that 2nd coat and please remember, thin is key with KSG and DO NOT use KSG on glass, KAIO is ok on glass, just not KSG.

I've been using Klasse products since 2006 and I find them to still be great, even today with such other great products on the market, many uses for Klasse, KAIO in your wash bucket, KSG mixed in with your rinseless wash converted for quick detailer duty (read that idea here on AG!) Good luck with Klasse and let's see some pics too!

FlawlessMustang
07-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks! I wanted to take pictures throughout the whole process but the lighting is very dim where im doing the work. I will definitely take some pics after im finished though.

Klasse Act
07-09-2012, 01:51 PM
^^ Did you clay before hand or didn't it need it? On a black car, wait till you apply that 2nd coat of KSG on the car the next day, awesome product, not the latest but one of the greatest for sure!

FlawlessMustang
07-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I washed it with Wolfgang, clayed with Pinnacle, sprayed CarPro TRIX over the whole car, rinsed it off, applied one coat of AIO then called it quits that day. I went back the next day (today(Monday)) and applied the second coat of AIO. I plan on going back in the morning and washing then applying KSG finally! I've only been trying to get it on for the last four days lol.

FlawlessMustang
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Another question. If I were to apply KSG and it sits for say 5 or 6 hours then it rains, would that be ok or should I just wait til maybe next week when there is no chance of rain and apply the KSG?

bl3ujay07
07-09-2012, 11:53 PM
That's not a problem to do at all, I mean you used KAIO twice, so its plenty clean and has a little protection on it already, its not like its going to wear off that quickly. Just do a good wash and dry and then apply KSG thinly, one panel at a time and your good to go. I use a nice MF pad and 1 or 2 squirts across the pad is more than enough to do a section at a time. I've always found that its the 2nd coat of KSG that really gives your car the "pop" your looking for, so 12 hrs later, wipe the car down with a good QD and apply that 2nd coat and please remember, thin is key with KSG and DO NOT use KSG on glass, KAIO is ok on glass, just not KSG.

I've been using Klasse products since 2006 and I find them to still be great, even today with such other great products on the market, many uses for Klasse, KAIO in your wash bucket, KSG mixed in with your rinseless wash converted for quick detailer duty (read that idea here on AG!) Good luck with Klasse and let's see some pics too!

Just curious as to why you say not to apply ksg on glass. I've used it on headlights, front windshield, and rear window. Just wanting to know there is something i should know.

Mike Phillips
07-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Another question. If I were to apply KSG and it sits for say 5 or 6 hours then it rains, would that be ok or should I just wait til maybe next week when there is no chance of rain and apply the KSG?

You definitely don't want to get a freshly KSG coated car wet until it fully dries, so plan accordingly.

Also, if you've never used KSG before, do yourself a HUGE favor and read this article and follow the recommendations.

A tip for working with waxes, paint sealants or coatings that are new to you (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/37279-tip-working-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings-new-you.html)

:D

FlawlessMustang
07-10-2012, 07:43 AM
You definitely don't want to get a freshly KSG coated car wet until it fully dries, so plan accordingly.

Also, if you've never used KSG before, do yourself a HUGE favor and read this article and follow the recommendations.

A tip for working with waxes, paint sealants or coatings that are new to you (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/37279-tip-working-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings-new-you.html)

:D

Thanks!!! I've been debating all night whether to do it or not but I guess unfortunately I'll wait til next week. It's supposed to rain every day this week :(

Klasse Act
07-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Just curious as to why you say not to apply ksg on glass. I've used it on headlights, front windshield, and rear window. Just wanting to know there is something i should know.

I find that KSG is VERY hard to remove when its on glass for some reason and yes, I apply it thin. I use other products on glass, no biggie.

Good tip by Mike posting about using products that are new to you and just to add to that a bit when using KSG:

-grab your applicator and dunk it in some water, wring out so its just damp

-try and get yourself a small spray bottle and pour the KSG into it, makes application of the right amount of the product easier.

-speaking of the "right amount of product", this is key when using KSG, a little not only goes a long way but will make your life alot easier when using it, trust me!

-do one section at a time, once your done with that section, just wipe it off right away and move to the next section, DO NOT LET IT SIT FOR A LONG TIME! There's NO need to do this with KSG.

Once your done with the car and wanna apply that 2nd coat, wait it out 12 hrs and repeat the above steps:props:

FlawlessMustang
07-10-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm a bit confused on how long to let it sit before buffing. I've read that it should sit for an hour to dry then buff but I've also read to apply then buff right off. I thought the directions state to apply and let it sit on that section for 30-60 minutes so by the time you finish the rest of the car, that time will be up and you will be ready to buff. I also read if it's wet then it will streak. What is the correct way?

Klasse Act
07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
A long time ago, the place I bought Klasse from originally, told me the tips for applying and removing it, so that's why I posted what I did but I can't see it needing to sit on the car for very long at all, its an acrylic product. I know this, if you apply too much of it, its a bear to remove, needing a squirt or two of QD to break it down a bit to remove, this alone is proof enough that it needs to just go on and wipe off right away IMO. I'm sure the sky's will open and the answer will be given soon enough..........