PDA

View Full Version : MF towels

Pages : [1] 2

rscpa
04-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Not trying to get in trouble, but found some MF towels at Costco. 24 pack of yellow towels for about $10. they seem to be pretty good towels.... compare very well to the yellow MF from AG. I have the yellow AG MF and once I wash them, I beleive I would be uncertain, which is which.

If this somehow violates some board rule.... please delete it :):p

ltoman
04-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Gee. I have never tried AG's yellow mf. I am in love with the blue. I may just have to try them then!

budman3
04-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Those towels are decent... I use them on glass and other grungy areas. I suggest not using them on your paint as they may (quite possibly will) scratch. From AG I suggest using some Cobra Deluxe towels...

Side note- I never noticed but the MF dept. in AG doesn't have that many options.... I miss the forest green MFs :(

alban61
04-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I picked up a pack before at BJ's too. They're decent towels. I use them for interior cleaning/wipe down. Use them on the running boards, bumpers and wheels. When they get too dirty, just toss them away. Too expensive to toss my Cobra's away. I use my Cobra MF's for the paint.
I agree with Budman3.....I wouldn't use them on my paint.

ScottB
04-04-2007, 06:18 PM
youll likely learn the hard way. you get what you pay for in microfibers. Try rubbing each of them on underside of cd's and see how many scratch.

Nuke33
04-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I would use them on things other then paint such as glass, dash engine and other such things

ltoman
04-04-2007, 06:27 PM
youll likely learn the hard way. you get what you pay for in microfibers. Try rubbing each of them on underside of cd's and see how many scratch.

no thanks then - they can keep them! scott what do you think of the orange vrooom by target?

sparkie
04-04-2007, 08:12 PM
They are great for cleaning plastic, wheels and for buffing #271 just remember everything has it place. That's why I have a power puff!:D Killr right, I've learn the hard way myself.

Pats300zx
04-04-2007, 08:16 PM
The Power Puff is great. Its one of my best wheel cleaning tools. What more could you ask for at $2.47 at your local Walmart :)

FloridaNative
04-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Those towels are decent... I use them on glass and other grungy areas. I suggest not using them on your paint as they may (quite possibly will) scratch. From AG I suggest using some Cobra Deluxe towels...

Side note- I never noticed but the MF dept. in AG doesn't have that many options.... I miss the forest green MFs :(

:iagree: AG's MF's are far superior. :)

supercharged
04-04-2007, 09:03 PM
:iagree: :iagree:
You could use Costco MF towels for wheels, and some other dirty work, or perhaps for interior, but I would not use them on paint. Only Cobra.:righton:

rscpa
04-04-2007, 09:09 PM
I guess I need to clarify, I purchased them for cleaning interior, wheels and such... I ordered enough Cobra's to use on the paint..... I already figured that after the years of using regular towels to dry, only the good stuff is going on the paint.

Last night I quick washed my wife's Red Expedition with PB Washless and than a quick spray with Souverens spray wax.... wife didn't even notice! she only asked me where I got the washless spray.... she thought that was neat. Removed the bugs and stuff right off. Only took 30 minutes.... GREAT stuff. but she couldn't tell if the car looked better. :(

Of course she is the one who would never turn the wipers on to remove an inch of dust as you couldn't see out the front windshield. Never occurs to her .... I had all of the AG goods in the trunk from my 4th delivery two days ago. She asked me what I had in my trunk... Just stuff to clean cars honey.... This AG is really quite addicting....only a member for a month and four orders.... that shopping cart keeps calling my name.

Can't let her see all stuff all at once. :D

Now when I pull out the leather cleaner and conditioner.... ahh that will be fun!! The seats are supposed to be two tone tan/brown leather. All is brown.... Try and tell her dog doesn't have to go everywhere....... Can't wait to try Justin's trick of the black Schmitt for leather.... rubber gloves and fabric softener for dog hair..... cleaning engine and AA foam.....

Damn tax season, I want to detail NOW!! Like getting a Xmas present at thanksgiving and not being able to use until Dec 25th!! :(:(:(:(

Jimmie
04-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Can't let her see all stuff all at once.

A plan: "Honey I'm sick. I need help". Then break out your stuff and act like you're crying.

rscpa
04-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I went home as we had contractors at the house.... I parked in the street... told her she could take my car (06 G35) to run and get lunch for us.... she told me "no way." I asked why, she told me, "Because I know how you are about your car"

I asked her what she meant by that, her response, "You would accuse me if something happened to it!"

Damn, that is cold..... :p

No wonder she has only drove "our" 65 mustang once in 23 years...... hahaha :righton:

Now if I could only train the dog to stay off the seats.....:)

Surfer
04-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Only Micros that are good OTC are Target's Vroom brand and the Viking brand found in Kmart. I have both and their pretty much just as good as my boutiques, held up great over the last year. Vroom's even have silk edging. Friend's fiance was an area manager for Sears or something and then they made her look after a couple stores, and I made her grab me a bunch of Vikings on discount lol. The regular orange Vrooms I have are equal to Cobra all purpose towels.

Costco micros are cheap but are known to fall apart and lint like crazy.