PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless wash guys, what is your technique for tires

Pages : [1] 2

rickhill
07-09-2012, 08:12 AM
I was wondering how do you clean wheels and tires with rinseless wash?

Nick McKees37
07-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Blackfire Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash Tackles Even the Dirtiest Vehicles (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/46207-blackfire-wet-diamond-rinseless-wash-tackles-even-dirtiest-vehicles.html)

Just because you're performing a rinseless wash doesn't mean you have to skip out on cleaning the tires. An effective way to clean tires without hosing them off or using a scrub brush is with a quality APC and a microfiber towel. With the towel folded a couple times, saturate it with your APC of choice and start scrubbing!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Rinseless%20Wash%20Blackfire%20Civic/DSCN1136.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Rinseless%20Wash%20Blackfire%20Civic/DSCN1138.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Rinseless%20Wash%20Blackfire%20Civic/DSCN1139.JPG

:dblthumb2:

Mazda.Mark
07-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Actually I will do the wheels/tires first with regular car soap and designated cleaner. I then follow with a rinseless on the paint. I find that its just easier to knock those out first than worry about specific technique and damaging cloths/mitts with a rinseless.

Setec Astronomy
07-09-2012, 08:53 AM
I think the idea for the most part is to use a more conventional tire cleaner (APC or whatever) and then use the rinseless solution to effectively rinse the APC off the tire. Same technique could be used for wheels. Probably need to have a separate bucket/media for wheels if you are mobile.

If you are talking about just working at home, I usually cheat and use the hose for the wheels/tires, then do the rest of the car with the rinseless.

OhTwoGT
07-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I usually just use a seperate bucket and some APC on a microfiber, thats if im mobile or its freezing cold outside.

Mike Phillips
07-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Wait till you're all done washing and drying the body panels and then use the water left in your bucket to tackle the wheels and tires. Use a brush to dip into the rinseless was solution and spread the solution onto one wheel and tire at a time.

If you're using a Grit Guard you can remove the Grit Guard to get to the remaining rinseless wash solution or mix up some more rinseless wash solution. Kind of depends upon how much solution is left and how important and dirty the rims are to you.

If you're working on really expensive wheel that are really dirty then you have to do what you have to do to wash them safely so you don't put scratches into the finish.

If you're working on a daily driver with plastic wheel covers, then you only have to be as careful as you want to be.

:)

truckbutt
07-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I was wondering how do you clean wheels and tires with rinseless wash?
My wheels are clearcoated so I treat them as tender and lovingly as the paint on the car.
Same process as MP describes above.

rickhill
07-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas. I am mobile and wanting to go rinseless. I was thinking about how to get the tires. I currently am washing the tires with my pressure washer then using rinseless for the body of the car.

Klasse Act
07-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Well I always wash the car first and then used the left over rinseless wash/rinse water to do the tires/wheels, no reason throwing it out, right. I have a seperate grout sponge for doing the tires/wheels too and it always gets washed along with the regular grout sponge when I'm done too, you should see how much dirt comes out, crazy! I mean it does get a bit stained up but its just for the tires and wheels anyways and no, the stained sponge doesn't hurt my wheels one bit, they clean up just fine w/o an issue.

shoeless89
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
This is what I hate most about rinseless washes. No matter what I feel like I have to get a hose out to rinse the barrel of the wheel anyway which obviously defeats the purpose of a rinseless wash. :( One reason I still have 2 un-opened bottles of ONR

Klasse Act
07-09-2012, 01:33 PM
This is what I hate most about rinseless washes. No matter what I feel like I have to get a hose out to rinse the barrel of the wheel anyway which obviously defeats the purpose of a rinseless wash. :( One reason I still have 2 un-opened bottles of ONR

Depending upon the wheels style, you could take your tire/wheel grout sponge and get in there and clean them that way, if not, just use the hose ONLY for the wheels. Its sooooooo easy using a rinseless wash, even in the sun if need be, try that with the old method, ain't going to happen. One section at a time and before you know it your done, 4 gallons of water and that's it. Water restrictions, rinseless is the way to go.......or are the water Nazi's in effect for that too?

Rinseless washes ARE the future for me, last time I used the old soap and water in the bucket method I was a smart ass with my buddy at his house and said...."how do you do this again, I forogt, LOL!"

shoeless89
07-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Depending upon the wheels style, you could take your tire/wheel grout sponge and get in there and clean them that way, if not, just use the hose ONLY for the wheels. Its sooooooo easy using a rinseless wash, even in the sun if need be, try that with the old method, ain't going to happen. One section at a time and before you know it your done, 4 gallons of water and that's it. Water restrictions, rinseless is the way to go.......or are the water Nazi's in effect for that too?

Rinseless washes ARE the future for me, last time I used the old soap and water in the bucket method I was a smart ass with my buddy at his house and said...."how do you do this again, I forogt, LOL!"

For me its the opposite lol Nothings as satisfying and comfortable for me is a traditional 2 bucket, free flowing water wash

rickhill
07-09-2012, 01:48 PM
for the barrels can you just brush them a little then shot some dressing around them?

Klasse Act
07-09-2012, 01:58 PM
for the barrels can you just brush them a little then shot some dressing around them?

When I hear the term "dressing" I think of stuff for the tires, what are you referring to here?

rickhill
07-09-2012, 02:38 PM
When I hear the term "dressing" I think of stuff for the tires, what are you referring to here?

i talking about a water based dressing diluted like 2:1 similar to megs hyper dressing