PDA

View Full Version : What soap do you use in your foam cannons?

Pages : [1] 2

pointillistic_practitioner
07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Hey everyone...so I bought a foam cannon on saturday and am extremely excited to try it out! I'm sick of using wash soaps that are supposed to be sudsy and aren't. I know that they still get the car clean, but the car never feels clean to me unless I see suds haha. Anyway, I'll be like a kid in a candy store when it comes Tuesday...BUT first, I need to know, what do you guys put in your foam cannons? And what about the ratio of soap-water. Thanks!

olbear1962
07-09-2012, 12:11 AM
I dont have a foam cannon, only a foam gun. Definately not as many suds or foam, that said I am using "Detailer's Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo" got it when I purchased the foam gun. Creates good suds and foam. With a foam cannon am sure you will be pleased!

Cman8
07-09-2012, 12:21 AM
HoneyDew snow foam. That has always been the best for me. I have used that and Detailers pro Xtreme and CG Wash And Glass, Honeydew blows them away and it smells awesome.

lawrenceSA
07-09-2012, 05:06 AM
I currently use chemical guys maxi suds with my foam cannon

DaGonz
07-09-2012, 05:37 AM
I've used Detailer's Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo and Zep's Blue Max in my foam cannon. Both provide a nice dense foam.

DaHen
07-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Using just a foam gun with "Detailer's Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo" as well.

poweraid
07-09-2012, 05:59 AM
I've only tried Meg's gold class and optimum car soap so far . both do pretty well IMO . 2oz of soap rest of container with warm water , in a mtm . I'm still experimenting though yet with soaps and ratios . got maxi suds to try yet .

Slava
07-09-2012, 09:22 AM
CG Maxi Suds II is my go to for now. I do want to try HoneyDew

alko
07-09-2012, 09:25 AM
I've used DP Extreme Foam prior to using Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II. I LOVE the Maxi Suds II. Works better and is cheaper than the DP Extreme Foam. I got a gallon of that stuff and use it every time I wash my car.

swanicyouth
07-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Here's what I've tried: Prima Mystique, Sonax Gloss Shampoo, DP Extreme Foam, BMW Car Shampoo, CG HoneyDew Foam, CG Citrus Wash and Gloss, CG Glossworkz.
What worked the best? The CG HoneyDew Foam or the Citrus Wash and Gloss. The former by a little bit.

07-09-2012, 12:15 PM
*Correction, I think it may be a foam gun. I will use it with my hose. It's not the foammaster (as much as I wanted that it was too expensive, I purchased something else similar).

07-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I've only tried Meg's gold class and optimum car soap so far . both do pretty well IMO . 2oz of soap rest of container with warm water , in a mtm . I'm still experimenting though yet with soaps and ratios . got maxi suds to try yet .

Hows the gold class? May pick some up at the store just b/c it's right here, quick and easy. When I ordered my foam gun I figured "oh I'll just use the leftover PepBoys whatever generic soap I have leftover in the garage" and then thought "Oh...maybe I should buy something better!" I don't feel like waiting a few more days though, for the trial run...I'm too excited haha. (foam gun should be arriving tomorrow) I'd like to get something that I can buy locally. I WILL buy more soap from AG in the future though.

oldmodman
07-09-2012, 02:27 PM
For friend's cars, Meguiar's Gold Class. Bought a bunch at Costco years ago when they had a gallon for $4.99 I think it was misspriced.

For my own cars I like Optimum Car wash, and Chemical guys HoneyDew. Sure wish it was available in gallons. Oh wait, it is!

swanicyouth
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Hows the gold class? May pick some up at the store just b/c it's right here, quick and easy. When I ordered my foam gun I figured "oh I'll just use the leftover PepBoys whatever generic soap I have leftover in the garage" and then thought "Oh...maybe I should buy something better!" I don't feel like waiting a few more days though, for the trial run...I'm too excited haha. (foam gun should be arriving tomorrow) I'd like to get something that I can buy locally. I WILL buy more soap from AG in the future though.

Be careful of cheap shampoos. I tried some Turtle Wax Wash and Wax as Costco had it for $7.99 a gallon in my foam cannon. This stuff left spots all over the paint and glass. The spots on the glass where so bad it had to remove them with a fine polish, the would not just wipe off. Never again! I still have most of the gallon if anyone wants it, although God only would know why!

07-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Be careful of cheap shampoos. I tried some Turtle Wax Wash and Wax as Costco had it for $7.99 a gallon in my foam cannon. This stuff left spots all over the paint and glass. The spots on the glass where so bad it had to remove them with a fine polish, the would not just wipe off. Never again! I still have most of the gallon if anyone wants it, although God only would know why!

Thanks for letting me know! Yeah I usually use gold class on cars but just was at pep boys and decided to buy their brand soap b/c I had purchased a bunch of other products. It's not worth it lol. Yeah I'll have to pick up something better. Looks like my next product purchase will be the honeydew. And maybe some UTTG if it's still on sale...and then the megs mf da system. Man I need to do more cars to make more money to buy all of this stuff. It's the cycle that never ends. Ahwell, at least I'm doing work I love :)