PDA

View Full Version : Has this happend to anyone else?

Nica
04-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Okay, I'm still fairly new to detailing by using a PC or a rotary and I've been sharing my results that I have achieved to some of my co-workers. The co-workers were impressed but one of the co-worker came up to me and asked how much for the PC and the pads? At first I thought he was joking so I just smiled but then my co-worker asked again how much so I thought okay considering I've used the PC and three out of the five pads are now used I'm thinking about $220 to $250 ish including pads. Mind you I paid $230 just for my PC here in Canada. I also showed him the AG website and told him to check there but he said no he said he would rather purchase it from me...interesting huh.

Any who I'm just wondering has any one else come across a situation like this? If so what price did you come up with?

Well the good thing is that with the money that I get for the PC I'm going to get the Cyclo. Well I was going to purchase the Cyclo regardless but this is a good opportunity to get the Cyclo...sweet :righton:

Feed back please

The Edge
04-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Make sure you get the double precision pads and adapters for the Cyclo, it makes a WHOLE WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!

trl2112
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
That has never happened to me, but no one I talk to is even interested in detailing what so ever. Their eyes seam to just glaze over when I start any detailing banter. I guess that is better than “hey can you do my car too”. I love detailing but have plenty of work with my 3 vehicles and 1 Seadoo, and my Moms car.

SinNameOn
04-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Well I don't have polishing machine and my car is far out of perfect, but as I said on other topic, in my country people seem to know nothing about detailng. Lots of cars are washed at automatic car wash so they're full of swirls, scratches and things like that.
I've detailed my car last saturday and it was my first time. I can't afford boutiqe products, so I use (not cheap in Poland) OTC-Meguiar's products.
Since the sunday many people have asked me questions 'bout my car ." is it new?" , "where did I wax it?", "what have I done to get such a shine and gloss?". They were amazed about my car!

I started to consider opening my own car wash! :) The clients are waiting everywhere :D

Nica
04-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Well I don't have polishing machine and my car is far out of perfect, but as I said on other topic, in my country people seem to know nothing about detailng. Lots of cars are washed at automatic car wash so they're full of swirls, scratches and things like that.
I've detailed my car last saturday and it was my first time. I can't afford boutiqe products, so I use (not cheap in Poland) OTC-Meguiar's products.
Since the sunday many people have asked me questions 'bout my car ." is it new?" , "where did I wax it?", "what have I done to get such a shine and gloss?". They were amazed about my car!

I started to consider opening my own car wash! :) The clients are waiting everywhere :D

Man, what are you waiting for open it up, your own shop that is or just do it on the side.

Make sure you get the double precision pads and adapters for the Cyclo, it makes a WHOLE WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!

Oh you bet I'm all over the Edge pads for the Cyclo, actually I already have the 4 inch pads I'll just have to get the Cyclo and the adaptors and I'm good to go :D

Thanks for the feed back fellow geeks

ltoman
04-04-2007, 04:24 PM
That has never happened to me, but no one I talk to is even interested in detailing what so ever. Their eyes seam to just glaze over when I start any detailing banter. I guess that is better than “hey can you do my car too”. I love detailing but have plenty of work with my 3 vehicles and 1 Seadoo, and my Moms car.

oh gosh that is EXACTLY what I run into!

ltoman
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
nica is moving on without me......

Rsurfer
04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi Nica,
You must be a polisher nut. You just bought a pc, rotary and now a cyclo. Do you use each for different parts of your car? LOL Wish my wife was as iunderstanding as yours. I'm on a strick budget that my ex-wife put me on.

ltoman
04-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi Nica,
You must be a polisher nut. You just bought a pc, rotary and now a cyclo. Do you use each for different parts of your car? LOL Wish my wife was as iunderstanding as yours. I'm on a strick budget that my ex-wife put me on.

let's just say he is a bit more fortunate than most of us!!

Nica
04-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi Nica,

Yup, I'm turning out to be a polisher nut....lol...I got pads coming out from every pocket all different types of sizes too lol. Actually I use all machines, but I don't really need to the rotary does all just need to learn how to use it properly..still learning. This weekend I'm going to do the hood of the Jeep and I'm going to go through all the steps -wash-clay-polish-glaze and wax all using the rotary. I'm hoping I can do it all properly and get good results on the hood of the Jeep. The poor Jeep is my test vehicle. You'll understand why when you see the rust on the poor thing lol.

nica is moving on without me.......

No, no, no...not at all Lauren. I'm new to the rotary, I feel really confortable with the PC and if my co-worker purchases the PC then I'll have the Cyclo to replace the PC. If he does not purchase it then I'll have all three...:D

Now the wife, well after she saw the results I achived with the Volvo she was thrilled and opened up the budget..um...a little...I'm just going to blow it wide open and pay the concequenses later lol..maybe I'll end up like Gary in side my Lexus over night lol...good thing I got the garage insulated and drywalled, it's much warmer now ;)

ltoman
04-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Yup, I'm turning out to be a polisher nut....lol...I got pads coming out from every pocket all different types of sizes too lol. Actually I use all machines, but I don't really need to the rotary does all just need to learn how to use it properly..still learning. This weekend I'm going to do the hood of the Jeep and I'm going to go through all the steps -wash-clay-polish-glaze and wax all using the rotary. I'm hoping I can do it all properly and get good results on the hood of the Jeep. The poor Jeep is my test vehicle. You'll understand why when you see the rust on the poor thing lol.

No, no, no...not at all Lauren. I'm new to the rotary, I feel really confortable with the PC and if my co-worker purchases the PC then I'll have the Cyclo to replace the PC. If he does not purchase it then I'll have all three...:D

Now the wife, well after she saw the results I achived with the Volvo she was thrilled and opened up the budget..um...a little...I'm just going to blow it wide open and pay the concequenses later lol..maybe I'll end up like Gary in side my Lexus over night lol...good thing I got the garage insulated and drywalled, it's much warmer now ;)

are you going to sleep with your souveran too?
hee hee

orngez
04-04-2007, 07:01 PM

I would still hold on to the cyclo or pc...on some cars it is just better to whip out the pc and do a tight "L" shaped curve with the pc rather than risk burning the paint with the edge of the pad of a rotary...

when using the rotary on a heavily swirled car i usually do the big flat panels with the roatary...and the tight spots with the pc...