PDA

View Full Version : Holy #$%@ I just dumped a whole bucket of microfibers on the driveway!

fprintf
07-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Argh! I was cleaning about 20 microfiber towels (my "paint safe" ones) in a 5 gallon wash bucket, something I do when the family el presidente is home and doesn't want me using her washing machine. Anyway I tipped it over to dump out some of the water and almost all of them slithered out onto the driveway before I could tip the bucket back.

What an idiot I am. Is there any hope of rescuing these towels, or are they forever banished? A quick look at them showed many of them had picked up pieces of grass or maple seeds. I've laid them out on a table and picked out all the visible pieces.

Finemess
07-08-2012, 08:33 AM
I'd rinse them real good then throw them in the washer when the boss is not looking.

tuscarora dave
07-08-2012, 08:50 AM
You'll know the answer the next time you use them to final finish a black car. I'd do a small test spot if I were you. Actually I'd cycle them into the "general wiping towels" department and grab another pack or two of the nice finishing towels.

DEXTERITY
07-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm not an expert on detailing. However, I'm sure there is no way you picked off all the debris from the towels..and I don't communicate that in a mean spirited way... time to sneak some one on one time with the washing machine :)

sparty
07-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Just take them to the laundromat. ;)

- Sparty

tuscarora dave
07-08-2012, 10:22 AM

- Sparty
:laughing:

ShineTimeDetail
07-08-2012, 11:22 AM

- Sparty

HA Im the MAN

ScottZ
07-08-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm sure you could get them clean again, but I'd never trust them and would demote them to wheels or interior work.

Bigbull2984
07-08-2012, 01:30 PM
been there done that....Just inspect ever towel, and try to pick out what you can, after wards I washed them 4 to 5 times.

One time I dropped a couple of MFs in grass, I just ended up tossing those.

Bagua
07-08-2012, 02:01 PM
I'd wash them 4 to 5 times at the Laundromat, then only use them on the DD's. They would never ever touch my garage queen again. :) That's just me.