PDA

View Full Version : Do your MF towels lose plushness after machine wash?

Pages : [1] 2

Mc'lovin
07-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Hi all,

I usually do all of my detailing accessories laundry by hand. However, when there's not enough time, I use my washing machine. The thing is that I feel that after I let them air-dry (in the shade, always), the MF towles are less plush than what they used to be.

I always follow the rules - Only microfiber towels in the machine (no other fabrics), no bleach and no fabric softner.

Does this happen to you as well or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

rider9195
07-08-2012, 06:41 AM
I have found that letting my towels air dry make them not as soft. Using vinegar as a final rinse really does help retain the towels softness.

RTexasF
07-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Machine wash & machine dry always......still soft as new and some are well over five years old.

swanicyouth
07-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Machine wash and dry on medium heat. I don't no why your hand washing towels??? Add vinegar to the final rinse and machine dry and they will be fine. You may want to rinse twice. Sometimes I rinse 3 times. If you check the rinse cycle, once never gets all the soap out.

dougaross
07-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Machine wash & machine dry always......still soft as new and some are well over five years old.
:iagree:I use DP micro wash and liquid detergent

snowking724
07-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Machine wash and dry on medium heat. I don't no why your hand washing towels???
This, they come out like new every time using some sort of free and clear laundry detergent. I just tried a pre soak with oxi clean and also used it in the wash with older stained pads, they also came out like new. I wouldn't dry your pads in the machine though, just in case the velcro decides to delaminate.

Buckskincolt
07-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I use DP MF was with vinegar in the final rinse then dry on low using those dryer balls to add fluff. Works ok, but there are still stains and such.

I'm trying the Blackfire wash next time. ( it's in my cart now ) its getting great reviews.

Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/39747-blackfire-microfiber-cleaner.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/52549-stuff-shiznit.html

HellDemon
07-08-2012, 10:31 AM
If you guys use MF cleaners, do you need to still use vinegar? Cause I find my MF cleaner is fine; but if vinegar makes them even better then I'm gonna start using it

lucky472
07-08-2012, 10:56 AM
I use two of those blue fluffing balls when I dry all of my cloths and micro fibers. There was a huge and instant difference the first time I used them. Tennis balls might also work

Buckskincolt
07-08-2012, 11:02 AM
I use two of those blue fluffing balls when I dry all of my cloths and micro fibers. There was a huge and instant difference the first time I used them.

:dblthumb2:

DaHen
07-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I use two of those blue fluffing balls when I dry all of my cloths and micro fibers. There was a huge and instant difference the first time I used them.

Use them as well. :dblthumb2:

Old Tiger
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM
I agree about machine dry. I dont have any issues, My towels come out fine. IMO the big variable in MF wash results is water quality. Mine is very soft.

Mc'lovin
07-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies.
I usually wash by hand because I only have a few towels to wash - so no need to let the machine work for just a few towels while the rest of the machine in almost completely empty. Same goes for a drying machine.

Regarding vinegar - where exactly do I place it before turning the machine on? Where I put the laundry detergent? Sorry, but I'm completely unfamiliar with this method.

Buckskincolt
07-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies.
I usually wash by hand because I only have a few towels to wash - so no need to let the machine work for just a few towels while the rest of the machine in almost completely empty. Same goes for a drying machine.

Regarding vinegar - where exactly do I place it before turning the machine on? Where I put the laundry detergent? Sorry, but I'm completely unfamiliar with this method.
I add mine to the fabric softener dispenser or just keep an eye on it and add 1/2 cup to the rinse cycle.

Mc'lovin
07-08-2012, 12:45 PM
I add mine to the fabric softener dispenser or just keep an eye on it and add 1/2 cup to the rinse cycle.

By "the rinse cycle" do you mean pour it inside on the towels when they are inside the machine before turning it on?