PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel question

WEST SIDE
07-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Do you have to remove previous coat before applying again or just clean the windshield well and apply.

Thanks
Ken

swanicyouth
07-08-2012, 02:49 AM
I think with most glass sealants like that the glass should be clean of everything. But that may be a judgement call. If you think most of the previous application is still there and just want to refresh it you could just top it off. Maybe see how good the window sheds water.

dougaross
07-08-2012, 08:09 AM
I think with most glass sealants like that the glass should be clean of everything. But that may be a judgement call. If you think most of the previous application is still there and just want to refresh it you could just top it off. Maybe see how good the window sheds water.
Well there certainly plenty of Aquapel left outside the wiper path

cmichael258
07-08-2012, 08:36 AM
I remove the previous coat to insure that I have a nice clean base for the new application.

DEXTERITY
07-08-2012, 10:14 AM
speaking of aquapel, somehow I jacked up the last application on my rear window.. talk about a smeared filmy mess.. not sure how I did that as I definitely wiped it all back off after applying it in two different directions. I only noticed it outside the wiper blade path..

that was a first for me

HellDemon
07-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh my GOD aquapel is indestructible =_____=" it's absolutely ridiculous; I wanted to completely strip my entire car, and it's been through like, 6 CG W&G strip washes; my sealants were completely destroyed after like, 2-3, but my windshields show NO signs of degradation...

How do you guys remove it? I was thinking about using OPC to get rid of it

dougaross
07-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I haven't done this but I would think 205 on a white pad would remove it and not damage windshield

DaHen
07-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Oh my GOD aquapel is indestructible =_____=" it's absolutely ridiculous; I wanted to completely strip my entire car, and it's been through like, 6 CG W&G strip washes; my sealants were completely destroyed after like, 2-3, but my windshields show NO signs of degradation...

How do you guys remove it? I was thinking about using OPC to get rid of it

Give Bon-ami Polishing Cleanser a try on your windshield. Not saying that it will definitely work but its worth a try.

Myself, I apply a new coat of Aquapel ontop of the old coat every ten to twelve months.