PDA

View Full Version : Which to choose

Dadillac
07-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Had my car repainted. Still has the buffer holograms and some swirls. I just ordered 5.5" flat LC pads and they should arrive Tuesday. I use the Wolfgang twins but just picked up some M205. Without seeing the paint would you guys use the 2 step process of the twins? Maybe just polish with the M205? Or just the WG finishing glaze? I will do a test section but trying to determine if fresh paint is easy to correct with a one step polishing.

Don

hondacare
07-07-2012, 08:41 PM
I think your approach is too aggressive. Fresh paint is delicate and needs time to cure. The general rule is 60~90 days to wax\ seal. During this waiting period you can apply #07. For added protection #80 may be applied. Keep the paint CLEAN.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using AG Online

bmwgalore
07-07-2012, 08:47 PM
1. I recommend D300 with a micro fiber cutting pad for the compound step. A good micro fiber pad is the Optimum 5.25" Cutting Micro Fiber pad.

2. On the polishing step, Meguiars #205 with a WHITE foam polishing pad.

3. If the car is black or any other darker color, another pass of #205 is required, but this time with a BLACK finishing pad to get some real shine going! These 2 pads I've mentioned are the Lake Country FLAT 5".

4. Wait 2 months (from the delivery date) to apply any wax or sealant.