PDA

View Full Version : I am requesting some help dealing with Suede seat inserts.

Detail-Impressions
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Car is a 2012 Toyota Camry SE

What is the best way to handle the Leather seat trim with the Suede seat insert on a heated seats.

Black Leather with Black Suede inserts.

How to clean and protect the new Suede is my major concern.

What name brand products do you recommend to protect the new Suede?

Rsurfer
07-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Leatherique or Leather Master.
Car is a 2012 Toyota Camry SE

What is the best way to handle the Leather seat trim with the Suede seat insert on a heated seats.

Black Leather with Black Suede inserts.

How to clean and protect the new Suede is my major concern.

What name brand products do you recommend to protect the new Suede?

bmwgalore
07-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Suede and Alcantara are a pain to clean up..

Race Glaze and Swissvax have cleaner for these synthetic fabrics.

You basically spray the cleaner onto the surface (but tape off the adjacent areas), smear with your fingers or a leather brush and wiper VERY gently with a microfiber towel, several times, until the microfiber come clean... But you must replace the towels after every section, otherwise you're just spreading the dirt around...

The type of fabrics are a PAIN to deal with.

----------
As for the regular leather (coated, I assume), a basic APC (10:1 for OPC) followed by some protectant like Optimum Protectant will do. The leather on your car is coated, so there's no need to use any conditioners JUST YET (after a few years, the OEM coating will wear off, only then you get to use a conditioner. Right now you just need some protectant).

Nick McKees37
07-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Check out Leather Master Nubuck & Suede Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-nubuck-cleaner.html) and Leather Master Nubuck & Suede Protector (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-nubuck-protector.html). :dblthumb2:

Detail-Impressions
07-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Thank you fine gentlemen for the guidance and knowledge.