PDA

View Full Version : Carpro trix cleanser horrible

Motogoon
07-06-2012, 05:06 PM
This stuff sucks plain and simple paid a heck of a lot for it and haven't noticed it work on anything plus the smell lingers and is unreal disgusting (lemon scent) yeah right. Has this worked for you because cheap Prepsol is what I had to go back over the car with and it took the tar off in seconds

BobbyG
07-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Wow, I'm sort of surprised to here this!

Many have spoken well of this product and all of the CarPro products I've tried have been first rate...

bmwgalore
07-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Sounds like user error, Trix is excellent.
But you still have to agitate a bit, it is NOT a "spray-and-rinse" type of product.

The smell is bad, but a quick Google search would tell you that, no surprises.

rider9195
07-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Sounds like user error, Trix is excellent.
But you still have to agitate a bit, it is NOT a "spray-and-rinse" type of product.

The smell is bad, but a quick Google search would tell you that, no surprises.

I agree on the agitation.

I bought some Iron X Paste a while ago and tried using it with no success. You really have to let it sit on the paint and agitate it a couple times.

Don't give up on it!

Motogoon
07-06-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm telling you I did two treatments and used a bug scrubbing pad to loosin it up no luck ? Prepsol worked in two seconds

Infinitiman
07-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Just curious, what are you trying to use it one??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

artofdetailing
04-20-2014, 09:16 PM
lol

wlshephard
04-20-2014, 10:20 PM
I just used Trix yesterday and it removed iron and tar really easily. Once I sprayed it on the tar it started melting and after I let it dwell a bit it wiped right off. I liked it so much I was going to buy some more. Sorry you had a problem with it.

AutowerxDetailing
04-21-2014, 12:27 AM
lol

Holy thread revival Brian! LOL.

nat88
04-22-2014, 12:04 AM
I agree about Trix. I have a lot of tar on my wheels, but it seems it won't remove all of them, although I let it dwell for 5 minutes and rinse it before it's dry.

Compared to zep orange, is prepsol better? How about prepsol compared to big name like OPC or meguiars APC?