PDA

View Full Version : 6.5" Foam pads on a Rotary?

rdfkentucky
07-06-2012, 04:01 PM
I upgraded to the 5.5" pads on my PC and they work great. But now I have a dozen of the LC foam pads, and 4 that's never been open, which I could return. My brother has a rotary that I used before. Would I be better off keeping the pads and get a backing plate to use on the rotary? Also does the 6.5" pads size work good on a rotary?

bmwgalore
07-06-2012, 05:14 PM
I upgraded to the 5.5" pads on my PC and they work great. But now I have a dozen of the LC foam pads, and 4 that's never been open, which I could return. My brother has a rotary that I used before. Would I be better off keeping the pads and get a backing plate to use on the rotary? Also does the 6.5" pads size work good on a rotary?

Yes, 6.5" is perfect for a rotary, the ideal size in my opinion. A bigger pad, like 8", is very hard to control and requires some years of experience.

Get a backing plate no larger than 6".

BobbyG
07-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes, 6.5" is perfect for a rotary, the ideal size in my opinion. A bigger pad, like 8", is very hard to control and requires some years of experience.

:iagree: You just can argue with great advise!! :props:

truckbutt
07-18-2012, 10:12 PM

:iagree:+1